• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

---UNDERHAMMER THREAD---

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trigger guard spring can be retempered,easy. check with the Ancient Ones for a smith in the area.

I have one in .36 cal but haven't shot it.
I recently picked up another one in .36 at a local pawn shop. I guess that not too many there give much thought to muzzle loading anything. I picked it up for $160. It is a little .36 buggy rifle. Accuracy is on a par with any Marlin m60.

I'll have to get them laid out and get a photo or two. I have accumulated a few here and there and have had great luck shooting them.

I have a number of them that have been modified for table shooting, trap shooting and an eye loss. One has 4 interchangeable barrels. Great little rifles that are among the most flexible available.

I have 3 underhammers and have been shooting them since the 60's
The 2 in pic are both.50 cal, rifle is from deer creek 7 years ago.

If you look closly you will see a 9mm cart i shorten and solder wire loop to, and tie off to action when im hunting in inclement weather. I cap and close hammer on 9mm case, then cock to fire, case drops free. It also has safety notch but 9mm case keeps water out with flash bowl.

The pistol i picked up off friend and am going to sell as i do not shoot SS pistol anymore.

Attachments

• 20191107_155159.jpg
    20191107_155159.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 154
Bbl 7 groove, 8 lands .50 cal. , 6.5" long

Trigger release 9 oz, has safety notch.

No markings except .50, bbl smooth, no rust pitting

Attachments

• 20191229_195647.jpg
    20191229_195647.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20191229_195154.jpg
    20191229_195154.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 115
I have 3 underhammers and have been shooting them since the 60's
The 2 in pic are both.50 cal, rifle is from deer creek 7 years ago.

If you look closly you will see a 9mm cart i shorten and solder wire loop to, and tie off to action when im hunting in inclement weather. I cap and close hammer on 9mm case, then cock to fire, case drops free. It also has safety notch but 9mm case keeps water out with flash bowl.

The pistol i picked up off friend and am going to sell as i do not shoot SS pistol anymore.

Hi,
That is an interesting pistol design. What calibre is it? How long of barrel?
I have been shooting underhammers since the sixties.
My first rifle was a .45 cal. Numrich Arms Hopkins and Allen buggy rifle.
Have a great day!
Fred

Mlf suporter
Underhammer pistol

Bbl 7 groove, 8 lands .50 cal. , 6.5" long

Trigger release 9 oz, has safety notch.

No markings except .50, bbl smooth, no rust pittin

Interested in getting rid of that Prospector pistol in the back ground.

Attachments

• 20191229_195154.jpg
    20191229_195154.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 91
It's against the forum rules to make offers to buy or sell items in the general areas of the forum. It can be done only in the "Classified Ad" area.
If you want to talk about buying something from some particular member, send them a "Conversation" (Private Message).

Finally got some pictures of my "gang"
Bondini Pistol (hanging)
.50 rifle
.45 Salesman's cutaway carbine
.36 Carbine One Piece stock (sight "glued on" with automotive silicone)
.36 Buggy Carbine
.45 Target round barrel
.45 Target Octagon
.45 Offhand rifle

Have a .36 and .50 Mule Ear plus a Mule Ear 12 gauge also.

Am now on a gun diet for awhile...

Attachments

• underhammrs.jpg
    underhammrs.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 95
Has anyone built one of the Pecatonica River underhammers
I know there are some underhammer aficionados here.

Let's see some of them and hear about them here please!

I've been monkeying around with my .58 Hopkins and Allen Improved. Each time I get her out, I marvel more at the simple, efficient design.

I find little devoted to them on the World Wide Web. Hoping we can change that a bit with this thread.

Please contribute anything.

Fire away, Skychief :thumbsup:

Back