• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up a Pecatonia H & A recently. I've never done anything like that and it went together nicely. I had them cut the dovetails, solder on the ramrod pipes, install nipple and the other gunsmithing work. The standard wood looks really good after it was finished. Make sure you are certain what you want when you call your order in, it might be delivered before you have time to change your mind. They sell the finishing supplies also. I didn't know that and ordered aqua fortis and oil from another vendor. I had my rifle kit in about a week and waited almost a month for the other supplies to get in.

I finished up a Pecatonia H & A recently. I've never done anything like that and it went together nicely. I had them cut the dovetails, solder on the ramrod pipes, install nipple and the other gunsmithing work. The standard wood looks really good after it was finished. Make sure you are certain what you want when you call your order in, it might be delivered before you have time to change your mind. They sell the finishing supplies also. I didn't know that and ordered aqua fortis and oil from another vendor. I had my rifle kit in about a week and waited almost a month for the other supplies to get in.
You have any pictures, and what calibers do they offer.

Mine is a .58 or 24 gauge smoothbore. 36" barrel about 14 3/8" to 14 1/2" LOP just for perspective. I put that small Shutzen style butt plate on to help with the LOP. It weighs about 2 lbs so I'm going to take the knobs off and maybe drill or rout out some hollows from the inside to reduce some weight. The wood is what they will send you if you don't pay extra for the upgrades. I just used some brass ager to darken the metal and perhaps add some patina. I feel like I did a fairly crude job fitting and finishing but I'm the type that will haul it around and scuff and scratch it up anyway. Almost forgot-- I think you can get about anything from .32 on up. Best bet is to call and see.

Attachments

• IMG_0905 (3).jpg
    IMG_0905 (3).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0911 (2).jpg
    IMG_0911 (2).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 62
Mine is a .58 or 24 gauge smoothbore. 36" barrel about 14 3/8" to 14 1/2" LOP just for perspective. I put that small Shutzen style butt plate on to help with the LOP. It weighs about 2 lbs so I'm going to take the knobs off and maybe drill or rout out some hollows from the inside to reduce some weight. The wood is what they will send you if you don't pay extra for the upgrades. I just used some brass ager to darken the metal and perhaps add some patina. I feel like I did a fairly crude job fitting and finishing but I'm the type that will haul it around and scuff and scratch it up anyway. Almost forgot-- I think you can get about anything from .32 on up. Best bet is to call and see.
That looks really nice, I would like a flint lock kit but I just don't have a proper place and tools to build one since we're renting. So the underhammer is probably the best option for now. Plus if I was able to spend more I'd order a kibler kit.

I'm thinking 45 or 54 i really want a 36 to make a nice squirrel gun but really need a gun I can use for deer so 45 and up.
I have a lot of fun with my 15ga h&a underhammer, but would like a trade gun or fowling piece.

Latest posts

Back