• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking of a underhammer .45 to dedicate for a 100 yard rifle. Has anyone had experience with Blue Grouse Kits. Are they still in business and reliable? Any idea on wait time? Suggestions on sights would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can purchase the action in a kit form from Deer Creek. Approximately $130. last time I got one last year. If your going for 100 yards, is it going to be RB or Conical?

Thanks for the info. That is what I was afraid of. I only shoot PRB. I have a TC Hawken with Green Mountain barrel .40 cal. and Davis triggers which I am currently using for 25, 50 and 100. It does well but I am just thinking of adding another to dedicate for 100 only. I have a few others but not happy with the accuracy of any except the Hawken :thumbsup: .

The beauty about the underhammer is you can put whatever barrel you wish in whatever caliber. So if you want a Green Mountain barrel in RB or Conical you can do that. Or you can put on any other maker's barrel. You will just have to make sure you put on the correct breach plug size and drill the nipple hole to fit where the hammer strikes. :thumbsup:

Back