• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Underhammer Buggy Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my Buggy Rifle out to my rifle range again today. This time however I had the correct .350 round ball. Shooting with a light patch and 15 grains of powder. My first shots were about 18 inches low at 50 yards.

Since the homemade front sight was purposely made too high, I also brought a small drill press vice which was clamped to the shooting bench with the intention of filing the the front sight. Filing the sight combined with raising the rear sight raised subsequent shots.

I also increased the charge to 20 grains which also raised the bullets' impact.

All in all I am happy with the results. Now I just need to focus on decreasing group size.

I again went to range with my Buggy Rifle. Here are 12 shots at fifty yards shooting a 65 grain .350 ball with 20 grains GEOX 3f and a flannel patch. The three shots to the right were the first three. After a slight adjustment to the right the rest were more centered.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
When I got home I completely disassembled the gun for cleaning and thought to take a picture of the collected parts.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
Back