• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Underhammer barrel, .50 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachelapoudre

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for a 50 cal. barrel for the Hopkins & Allen underhammer rifle receiver, Breech plug is 5/8 inch in diameter.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Will check the links given.

I already have .45 cal. barrel. I am looking for an additional barrel in .50 cal.

cheers

I have a. Whole H&A .54 Cal.Underhamer rifle in Real Nice Condition I’ll sell you if you are interested . If not I think I will list it here as I forgot I had it . Email me If you are interested,
Bruce., [email protected]

I have a. Whole H&A .54 Cal.Underhamer rifle in Real Nice Condition I’ll sell you if you are interested . If not I think I will list it here as I forgot I had it . Email me If you are interested,
Bruce., [email protected]
Thanks for the offer but I already have a receiver and don't need a complete rifle. Just looking for a barrel. Glad you have someone else interested.

I would be interested at $400. If you are in Western Mass, I am near Albany and I could come to you.
Hi Bigfoot , I'll take the $400.00 but I'm in Beverly by the Ocean as far East as I can get . If you want to add $20.00 for Shipping I'll cover the rest. Let me know. I will try to Start a Conversation also W/you. Thanks ,Bruce

Hi Bigfoot , I'll take the $400.00 but I'm in Beverly by the Ocean as far East as I can get . If you want to add $20.00 for Shipping I'll cover the rest. Let me know. I will try to Start a Conversation also W/you. Thanks ,Bruce

Bruce:
I do not NEED this rifle. I have had two under hammers (one .36 twenty years ago that I never shot, one .45 two years ago that I traded out at a shoot without ever firing a shot through it. ) They are pretty neat, but I am a lefty flintlock guy (nine lefty flinters to date). But I WANT a .54 to add to my collection. The only .54 I have is a Great Plains that is "questionable" as far as "dependable" goes. (I call her MAYBE. Maybe she will spark and fire, maybe she won't.)

I would invest $400 in another go-around with an under hammer, if she was a .54. Since I can't come see it, $400 is the best I can do. If you want to turn me down flat, there is no insult or harm at this end. This is an impulse for me based on a posting about something else....but I guess we all share the same affliction.

I can be emailed at mail at grove associates dot com if you want to of off line.

Regards,

Bigfoot aka Jonathan Steffan

Hi Jonathan , I have been in the same position and mine is just sitting. So I can do that as I want it to go to a Good home. I will try to E-mail you ,but I'm trying to figure if the first " at" is part of the address or not making 2 "at"'s . Bruce

Still looking for a H&A .50 cal. underhammer barrel. I now have a .45 cal barrel which I can offer in trade. A bit rough here and there but the bore is clean.
Missing front sight and the nipple looks to be an oversize nipple. Stamping on barrel is Numrich Heritage Model. Has a ram rod as well and has the tapered pin breech plug.

If no trades would be interested in a H&A action.
DSCN3146.JPG

DSCN3147.JPG

DSCN3148.JPG

DSCN3149.JPG

Thanks, have contacted them. Still deciding whether to make another rifle or cut down the barrel and make a pistol.

cheers.

Back