Unable to Post Photos or Avatar

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Heelerau, Dec 29, 2018.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Dec 29, 2018 #1

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

unable to post photos from both flikr or from desk top. Keep getting exceeds capacity for server or in the case of flier I get a box with a cross on it. I seem to have been restricted to .5 of a meg whatever that means Please help as I was able to post here at one stage.

2. Dec 29, 2018 #2

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

How large is the file for the image you are trying to use?

3. Dec 30, 2018 #3

necchi

necchi

necchi

Cannon MLF Supporter

I noticed that too.
    When I click the "image icon" on our reply page,, it wants the "Image URL",, it won't allow me to search or load from my pc as it did

4. Dec 30, 2018 #4

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

Angie about 1.5 meg

5. Dec 31, 2018 #5

Angie

Angie

Angie

Should be able to take up to 5mg. Can you upload the same photo here? If so, I'll copy and insert into your avatar. Or is it the one showing in your avatar now?

6. Jan 1, 2019 #6

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

Angie, that is me, I could not amend the title. Its photos that I cannot seem to post here and am limited to .5mg, not 5mg, or that is what it says in my account.

7. Jan 1, 2019 #7

Angie

Angie

Angie

4096 KB and up to 10 images per message.
    zip
    txt
    pdf
    png
    jpg
    jpeg
    jpe
    gif
    Those are the extensions.
    Are you using a laptop, or other device to access the site?
    And does this happen all over the site, or just in one area? If so, what area?

8. Jan 1, 2019 #8

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

[​IMG]P1030126[/url] by Gordon Hazel, on Flickr[/IMG] [​IMG] Angie, mac desk top, and only an issue on this site. I am pretty sure I use jpeg, cheers.

9. Jan 1, 2019 #9

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

Angie, top one is url, the bottom one is embed

10. Jan 1, 2019 #10

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

I'm not sure about the embedded picture but the Flickr picture does not have all of the address it needs to post here.

With my Flickr account I have to first go to Flickr. Then, I find the picture I want to show, put my cursor over it and select "Open in new tab". On my Chrome account, that opens another tab window.

Going to that window I see the picture and at the bottom right hand area I see a curved arrow pointing to the right. That arrow is a "Share picture" arrow. I click on it and it opens a smaller window titled "Share 1 photo to:"

It offers three different ways to share it but ONLY the "BBCode" method works for me, so I select that option. This creates a address for the picture in a blue line.

Putting my cursor over the blue line I use the right click, "Copy" method to store the address in my computers temporary memory.

Coming back to the MLF, when I get to the point where I want to show the picture in my post I use the "Paste" feature to enter the address. Note: I do not use the forums picture icon to enter this data in.

The address that I have entered contains a lot more stuff than I want to show. For instance, it shows my Flickr name.

[​IMG]

To get rid of the name I remove part of the last lines starting with right after the " /img] "and continuing thru the "on Flickr".
    I also remove the start of the address beginning with "[url=" up to but not including the "[img".

That leaves a single line starting with"[img" and ending with "/img]"

The photo above shows what it ends up looking like.

As for the new forums method of entering a picture I don't know what the problem is.

You should click on the blue button that says "Upload a File". That will open a small search window showing the files in your computer. If it isn't at the right place, use the listing of your computer files to find the right place where you stored the picture.

Once you find the picture, right click on it once to highlight it. Then select "Open" in that window.
    Once you do this, the forum will copy the picture and give you the option of showing it full size or showing a thumbnail. Select the type you want and the picture should show up in your post like this.
    _36_brass.jpg

As for entering a picture in my avatar I first select the little man at the upper right side of the screen. In it I find the word "Avatar" and click on it. That opens a little window.

I select the "Choose File" button. That opens the same window I talked about up above so I go to it and find a picture I want to use. Once I find it, I click on it to highlight it and poke the "Open" button.
    The forum will upload the picture. If I like it I poke Okay .

By the way, the picture I selected was large and the forum software automatically shrunk it down to the right avatar size for me.

Now, I will have to decide if I like it or I want to go back to the old avatar picture I was using. Decisions, decisions....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  11. Jan 2, 2019 #11

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

12. Jan 2, 2019 #12

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

Ok, used the copy paste on my mouse instead of the edit bar at the top of the screen, thanks for encouraging me to think again. Cheers

13. Jan 2, 2019 #13

Angie

Angie

Angie

Try using the upload a File button. Copy and Paste, or Upload a File is what works.