• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ultrasonic Cleaning of Bullet Molds PART 3

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enfield58

45 Cal.
Reaction score
These are the before and after photos of a Sharps bullet mold. The before photos will show a coating of mold preparation solution. Nevertheless, I wanted this to go in the cleaner with the other molds to see how well it would get rid of the lead deposits that I was too lazy to remove the old fashioned way.

BEFORE 1: Note some lead deposits along the bottom edge of the mold that I neglected to remove after the last use.
Before Sharps (1).jpg

AFTER 1: No more lead along bottom edge. Look at the left half of the mold. It looks like some rust started to form underneath the coating of mold prep. It caused a little pitting in the rear most driving band. I don't use this mold much anymore as I swage bullets for the Sharps rifle.
After Sharps (1).jpg

BEFORE 2: I shouldn't have to tell you where to look for the lead.
Before Sharps (2).jpg

AFTER 2: No more lead.
After Sharps (2).jpg

BEFORE 3: Bottom of the mold with a few lead deposits.
Before Sharps (3).jpg

AFTER 3: No more lead.
After Sharps (3).jpg

BEFORE 4: There is a little lead but not much. So you won't see much difference in the after photo.
Before Sharps (4).jpg

AFTER 4:
After Sharps (4).jpg

Last edited:
thanks for posting your pictures. I had never thought to use my cleaner for molds. I cast a few different round balls and conicals and this could come in handy.

Thanks

Fleener

Keep in mind that it took about two hours to get the really stubborn lead deposit off the .614 round ball mold. The others were clean after an hour.

These photos probably don't do it justice but the water looked like something out of a toxic waste dump before the tank was drained.

US Cleaner (1).jpg

After the tank was drained the black stuff you see at the bottom is probably lead. These particles of lead weren't flakes but a powder. That shows you the power of US cleaning.

US Cleaner (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back