• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

UK Auctions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
There are three original American early rifles coming up for auction at different auctions here in the UK , maybe members may recognize the makers

A 40 calibre by J.GURD & Son

A Kentucky rifle 37inch Octangle barrel nice looking gun but needs restoration by H.Elwell

Plains rifle by Henry Parkin

Feltwad

John Gurd & Son were in London, Ontario, Canada (1842-1888 in one reference book)
Henry Elwell was a lockmaker in Seneca County, Ohio - he didn't make the gun
I don't know any Henry Parkin, but there were other "Parkin" gunmakers in Buffalo, NY

Interesting, you read about guns being imported into the U.S. and their influence here. Wonder how they went in reverse and why.

Interesting, you read about guns being imported into the U.S. and their influence here. Wonder how they went in reverse and why.
It is surprising how many of these plains rifles do come up for auction here in the UK .Although I am more for the shotgun I did buy one a couple of decade ago I only kept it for a few months it was not for me I could not hit a barn door with it
Feltwad

Back