• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ugly pedersoli

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful gun, really.
I own two Pedersoli flintlocks, a Kentucky long rifle and a Kentucky pistol, both in .45 caliber. The fit and finish was actually above what I was expecting. Having said that, there's a problem with quality control and final inspections at the factory. Not just Pedersoli, not just guns and not just Italy. The quality erosion is directly related to the quality of the people. The pandemic is mostly over but the pool of skilled craftsman really took a hit that could be years in recovery.
I have seen some signs of recovery though and in the most meager of places. My wife and I have a few places we like to eat (or used to anyway) big sign on one of our favorite places "Under new management" while the service was a little slow,(I'd chalk that up to getting their sea legs) the food was great, the waiter was just terrific.
Of course everything was a bit more expensive. That's what is going to happen at Pedersoli. Enough returned guns, unsatisfied customers leading to smaller profit margins will result in a major shake up at the factory. The guy doing the bad inletting who thought he had a job for life will be making half assed pizzas some place and a real craftsman will take his place.
Sit back, give it some time. You do have a choice.
Man ant it the truth!

I see a lot of Pedersoli quality bashing here lately. I currently have four Pedersoli guns. I just wanted to share my early 1990s made Tryon .54 target deluxe. No crappy wood, inletting or finish on this one. This is the best shooting rifle I own. That includes custom guns with green mountain, Hoyt and collerain barrels. At one time I assume that “quality” was a bit better. This one is dirty in these pics. I’d just finished shooting it for a couple hours. View attachment 211118View attachment 211119View attachment 211120View attachment 211121View attachment 211121
They are a beautiful gun. Got mine at auction for a bid of a little over $500 CDN. It was advertised simply as Pedersoli Hawken. I looked it up and realized it was $2,000 gun. I sold it a month ago for a bid of $1,025. Thought it might go higher. It was properly advertised. All told with auction fees, taxes etc. I netted a little over $100. Sorry to give it up, but I have Remington rolling block with creedmore target sites and GPR in 54 cal with iron sites that I want to get good at shooting off hand.
This is a 54 caliber with walnut stock. Auction photos.

Attachments

• ACD7ABB7-35F7-41F6-AE8E-3A1FCFC5E3AF.png
    ACD7ABB7-35F7-41F6-AE8E-3A1FCFC5E3AF.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 3FA504CD-08FA-4350-AC9B-6BD3F9C697A2.png
    3FA504CD-08FA-4350-AC9B-6BD3F9C697A2.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Nice rifle. I have one made in 1987. No engraving.

Back than in the club we bought about 6 or seven of them.

The barrels are good but handle loads and projectiles different.

Withe 240 grain .451 Maxiballs I need 60 grain of Swiss Nr. 4 for 50 m in mine.

Here are some pics of my Pedersoli Mortimer 12ga ,beautiful gun

Attachments

• 95C89EBD-68CC-4B6F-B93E-7958B929F938.jpeg
    95C89EBD-68CC-4B6F-B93E-7958B929F938.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 170A3CD4-466C-4DDA-8C26-B581465B9CF6.jpeg
    170A3CD4-466C-4DDA-8C26-B581465B9CF6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 5865B16F-1C5D-40DA-A302-3F420A5EDA8D.jpeg
    5865B16F-1C5D-40DA-A302-3F420A5EDA8D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7FE90EB4-D021-4CB2-A0D8-471B78E49AF6.jpeg
    7FE90EB4-D021-4CB2-A0D8-471B78E49AF6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 8835E83B-694B-48C7-B128-1BE7DA50F571.jpeg
    8835E83B-694B-48C7-B128-1BE7DA50F571.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
PERHAPS you get what you pay for,,I've got a Sharps unmentionable with a long range sight , that I just love to shoot. It looks great too........Be Safe >>>>>>>>>>Wally
Ditto....same here. Although I think mine should be mounted on a cannon frame. At 78, the "Q" model is too much for me to shoot offhand. Deadly off the bench.

I have a Cabela's blueridge .32 (same model as the frontier) I bought in the early 90's. The only issue was when the hole in the side of the barrel was drilled and tapped for the removable touch hole liner, it was drilled a bit too high in the barrel leaving the touch hole too high up. Ignition was terrible. I had the hole in the liner arc welded shut and drilled a hole much lower in the liner which made the ignition much more consistant. The touch hole is nicely centered in the pan now.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. I was reading about them and how well they shoot at longer distances too
Got a brand new Pedersoli 45cal Kentucky long rifle for birthday. Practicing for an over the log contest the rifle shot 8” low at 60 yards with 70 gr of powder. Had to hold the bottom of the blade in the bottom of the “V” and put the top of the blade on the bulls eye? Don’t get it, I’m not going to shot Kentucky windage with a brand new rifle, it’s gone. Older guns are better.

Pre pandemic Pedersolis were serviceable and somewhat good quality but they were not worth the money they were asking. Now they are not up to snuff for what they're asking for them. For what you pay you should have a gun that good right out of the box. Hopefully they will get back to being Worth the money they are charging.

Got a brand new Pedersoli 45cal Kentucky long rifle for birthday. Practicing for an over the log contest the rifle shot 8” low at 60 yards with 70 gr of powder. Had to hold the bottom of the blade in the bottom of the “V” and put the top of the blade on the bulls eye? Don’t get it, I’m not going to shot Kentucky windage with a brand new rifle, it’s gone. Older guns are better.
They have a magical tool called a file. If you’re going to dump a gun over something dumb like that, I’d stick to modern guns.

Back