• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Revolver's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if all Uberti's have a short arbor, but mine does.

The arbor is the part of the gun, that the cyclinder rides on. When the barrel is fitted on the frame, the arbor does not bottom out in the cavity below the barrel. The cylinder gap may be too tight and the wedge might not tighten up properly.

If you leave the cylinder out....and install the barrel(with the barrel swung around at an angle)you should be able to rotate it down to where the 2 pins stick out of the frame and it should line up....even with the frame. If the arbor is short.....it will rotate around and contact the side of the frame. By placing shims in the arbor hole...you can rotate it around until it is even with the frame.

I have shims in mine and the wedge fits and the cylinder gap is correct.

Hope this makes since.

Hadden's advice is spot on. The only thing I do different is silver soldering the shim onto the end of the arbor. There are actually several ways to accomplish the desired end result.

Bottom line is it's not a big deal. Even my Centaur has a short arbor.

Back