Uberti Quality?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DevilsLuck, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. May 14, 2019 #81

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

40 Cal

I hope to do just that. If all goes well; my replacement will be waiting for me when I get home tonight.

2. May 14, 2019 #82

Gregory Mitchell

Gregory Mitchell

Gregory Mitchell

32 Cal

Well said. It's the "competitor" approach to guns vs. the "firearms enthusiast/gun lover" approach to guns. To one group it's just a tool for a job, to another the gun itself -- its use, heritage and history, finish, look and feel, and the pleasure of shooting it -- are the driving force. I'm not a competitor and use my many guns much more sparingly, but to each their own. We're all in this for our own reasons and our own enjoyment. My only gripe comes when originals get chopped up to make better "race" guns.

Robert an saa fan likes this.
  3. May 15, 2019 #83

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

40 Cal

Exchange complete! I’ll be keeping this one. But I do have some questions... maybe better suited to another thread...

4. May 15, 2019 #84

Gregory Mitchell

Gregory Mitchell

Gregory Mitchell

32 Cal

PM me if you need any help/suggestions/advice on enjoying your new beauty. I was new to this activity only three years ago, but I feel like I’ve learned an awful lot since then.

DevilsLuck likes this.
  5. May 16, 2019 #85

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

DevilsLuck

40 Cal

The replacement is a shooter. A little sharp around the edges compared to the 1966 version I got. But certainly good. So far, I'm pleased with it. I doesn't seem to shoot as ridiculously high as what I expected. Though ironically; the sight notch could be deeper. Not so much to move the POA. But rather because when looking down the sights; there really isn't much channel at all. Nothing I can't fix though.

6. May 21, 2019 #86

PluggedNickel

PluggedNickel

PluggedNickel

Still playing Cowboy after all these years! MLF Supporter

I shot SASS for years. My Rugers are still as sound as ever! AA5D1430-7B94-452E-9B21-DFCB469411F4.jpeg
    Off topic and probably out of bounds with the picture.

Woodnbow and DevilsLuck like this.
  7. Jun 4, 2019 #87

Hellgate

Hellgate

Hellgate

32 Cal.

The last Uberti 1860 Army I handled (a few years ago) was able to easily take the LEE 200gr conical. The ASMs I've owned will take them with some jiggling. The Piettas weren't even close. The Uberti is a bit closer to authentic if you care about such things.

Woodnbow likes this.