• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Uberti Police 1862

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pocket police has always been my favorite in 4 1/2", mainly because it shoots more accurately for me than the longer barrels. The top gun is an original, others are Uberti kit guns that I finished many years ago.
pocketpolicesml.jpg

the older repros have countersunk screws in the frame on a few 1860s have , just got a pietta 1860 short barrel with what i call the frankenstein screws sticking out, not eye appealing why did they switch, anyone know the purpose of changing a good design?

You aren't referring to the 2 screws, one on each side, that engage the shoulder stock are you? there should be 3 screws that are more or less flush with the left side of the frame and these 2 screws.

You aren't referring to the 2 screws, one on each side, that engage the shoulder stock are you? there should be 3 screws that are more or less flush with the left side of the frame and these 2 screws.
the older repros have countersunk screws in the frame on a few 1860s have , just got a pietta 1860 short barrel with what i call the frankenstein screws sticking out, not eye appealing why did they switch, anyone know the purpose of changing a good design?

My Uberti 1860 Army came with the protruding buttstock attachment screws. They bugged me, so I removed them permanently years ago. The empty holes in the frame don’t hurt a thing.

Some time ago my inventory added one of these 1862 Police revolvers. The first time it was shot just three cylinders full (15 shots) it required taking down and clearing the inner frame of cap fragments three times.
Then one after another two hand springs broke and it went to be used as a wall hanger.
Finally I found a competent gun smith who, for a not inconsiderable sum, correcter the standard Uberti short arbor, installed a cap guard, and a coil spring and plunger hand spring.
Now it is fun to shoot. A Slixhand tool works well on the short arbor on it as as well as my Pietta Marshals.
Yr' Obt' Svt'
Bunk

Back