• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti New Model Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trot

45 Cal.
Reaction score
OK, I have always favored the open top Colt designs, but thought I should at least have a Remington. A couple years ago I bought a Uberti New Model Army, and am ashamed to say never got around to really trying it until now. I have to say I am really impressed, shoots right to point of aim, nice tight group. I even tried it at fifty yards and was hitting a 10"x12" steel plate consistently. Fit and finish is very nice. This was one of the Cimarron revolvers that is supposedly a cut above the regular guns but I never really bought that, I hate to admit it, but I might be a convert!

The Uberti 1858 I bought new in 2017 was surprisingly good. Great accuracy, smooth action, proper lockup and timing. I aged mine:
F73BDAB8-DF29-459C-A85B-4AB34296AA96.jpeg
A while back I tweaked the loading lever trying to ram a ball on top of too much powder. It works very stiffly now. No replacement parts in sight thanks to the Coronavirus gunmageddon.

The Uberti 1858 I bought new in 2017 was surprisingly good. Great accuracy, smooth action, proper lockup and timing. I aged mine:
View attachment 68841A while back I tweaked the loading lever trying to ram a ball on top of too much powder. It works very stiffly now. No replacement parts in sight thanks to the Coronavirus gunmageddon.
Smokey, I like that holster rig. Especially the cartridge box. Where did you get it? The buck 110 is nice too but it came about a 100 years later. ;)

I still prefer the Colts as far as cleaning goes though. Chuck the barrel and cylinder in a bucket of water while cleaning the rest!

Back