• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Uberti and Pietta 1858 Remington NMA Nipple Thread Size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I’ll apologize now if this topic is redundant…. If they aren’t the same, what is the thread sizes for the Uberti and Pietta 1858 REM NMA revolvers? Annnd…Uberti vs Pietta when it comes to this model revolver. Any preference? Thanks

Last edited:
The screws are not interchangeable between the brands and the nipples are different size too. Just knowing the thread sizes (metric) won't help much as the screws each have specific jobs which they are designed for, examples; trigger guard to frame, rear grip strap to frame, etc.. It's nice to know for the nipple sizes, Track of the Wolf's listings are excellent in that respect.

Hello, I’ll apologize now if this topic is redundant…. If they aren’t the same, what is the thread sizes for the Uberti and Pietta 1858 REM NMA revolvers? Annnd…Uberti vs Pietta when it comes to this model revolver. Any preference? Thanks

Uberti uses a 12-28 x .200" thread for the nipples, Pietta uses 6mm x .75mm x .200"

I prefer the Uberti by a slight margin, but it is a little bit more expensive than the Pietta. Really, you can't go wrong with either.

Back