• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Uberti 1858 MILLENIUM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Years ago I got this and could not enjoy it. The finish was ugly. So I removed the finish to this. I had some scrap lumber made a wall frame for it. Funny how it has no lettering anywhere on it.
20220929_110821_resized.jpg

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 0
Very cool. I had no idea they made a millennium version of the `58. The cartridge guns were always good candidates for antiquing.

I remember the Millenium 1858's.

They had the same matte blue finish as the Uberti Cattleman II or whatever it was, they were marketed as a lower priced utility gun for CAS beginners or people who didn't need a polish blue and case hardened Colt clone.

That looks nice in the gunmetal with the "less polished " finish.

I like that finish. Is it possible to take the gloss out of an already blued pistol?

It's been over 20 years ago I removed the ugly finish on this gun. I took cupronickel same thing as a 5 cent nickel.
I tested a small place and lightly rubbed the old finish off and the nickel left a trace of nickel in it's place.
The gun was not polished to a high blue or anything. This was a Josey Wales look to me, or so I thought.
It was not easy to do

I bought a pair of 1858 Uberti Millennium cap and ball revolvers about 23 years ago then added a third when I came across a deal. The first two I bought a few weeks apart from the same seller, they are within 9 digits serial number wise. I've often wondered if I'd have bought them together if they might have been consecutive. I still have all three. I've shot the first two I bought quite a bit, no problems. One of these two seems a bit more accurate. I think they both shoot quite well at 50'. I once put a .454 ball through a cottontail's ears, it got away, I wonder it it's ears whistled in the wind after that, (my niece was not amused when I asked if her ears whistled in the wind after she showed me her multiple piercings).

They're obviously externally roughly finished and I've found this a bit uncomfortable where the back of the trigger guard rests against my finger. Other than that, in my case, I found them a great value.

Back