• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1847 Colt Walker Reproduction and holster/belt rig

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention the guy wearing it, I bet the people in the 1850's would end up with a double hernia from laughing at anyone carrying a Walker around in a holster like that.

To begin with, holsters like that weren't popular before 1865 and the Walker was made to be carried in saddle holsters, not worn on the hip. :confused:
Interesting... I did not know that ... I was wondering how they carried these around ... do you know anyone that sells a vintage looking saddle holster? I am trying to put a wood box together with the revolver, accessories / tools, and Paperwork. You seem pretty knowledgeable on these... Do you have any idea what I should be looking for? I currently only have the recolver.

Belt & holster rig from The Last Best West.

Image%202_zps6xcu7m81.jpg
Image%203_zpsedyc1wbz.jpg
Image%205_zpsvvpq7gov.jpg
IMG_1159-1_zpsnpmicqxf.jpeg
IMG_1125%20-%20Version%202_zpsekoam6to.jpg
IMG_1114%20-%20Version%202_zpswnxtvjn3.jpg
IMG_1115%20-%20Version%202_zpsrccg1sfz.jpg
I've seen some powder flask holsters and cap and ball pouches all done in the same leather style. I'm like you, I like complete accoutrements not only for my own knowledge but to make it all understandable to the average person. Everyone thinks all bullets are brass cartridges and that's where it all started. I like the evolution of ignition systems and how they hit a technological peak then it's sky's the limit for embellishments like leather work, engraving, inlays, finishes, etc etc.
IMG_1138_lo.jpg.c84cbbdd641322fa58c905d068bbdee8.jpg

Interesting... I did not know that ... I was wondering how they carried these around ... do you know anyone that sells a vintage looking saddle holster? I am trying to put a wood box together with the revolver, accessories / tools, and Paperwork. You seem pretty knowledgeable on these... Do you have any idea what I should be looking for? I currently only have the recolver.
Zonie is not here anymore.:(

Back