• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

U.P. Tenderfoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandpa C

32 Cal.
Reaction score
10 yrs ago a fellow tried to get some Boy Scouts started in blackpowder reenactments, my sons were a part of it, however, it didn't work out. Two months ago, I was invited to a local rendezvous. One of the particapants invited my to a practice shoot three weeks later, last weekend, using one of her guns, I particapated in a local shoot, now, I'm awaiting the arrival of my very own brand new lefthanded Lyman Great Plains 50 cal. rifle. I feel like the boy in "A Christmas Story". It is suppose to arrive tomorrow. I hope this feeling lasts a long time!!!

Welcome, Grandpa C, from a "troll". I think you'll enjoy this forum very much, almost as much as making smoke!

Welcome aboard Grampa C!
Glad to have another Yooper on the list. :thumbsup:
I hail from Esky, so if you need any help gettin' started, just hollar. :hatsoff:

Ooops, I forgot, I'm in Ishpeming, and there is a small group here that have been real helpful and very patiet with me that I hope to be shooting with more often.

I doubt that the Black Powder Fever will leave You.You'll enjoy the GPR.One of the best production muzzleloaders on the market.Several folks here use them.I wouldn't turn my nose up at one.Keep us posted on Your progress. :front:

Grandpa C,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you with
us. Lots of great folks here to feed that B/P bug
that you have got. Contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Back