• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two "new" rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee thunder

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought 2 rifles from a local pawn shop. TC Renegade .50 percussion: previous owner added sling swivel/stud and Pachmyar recoil pad. What are the source/dimensions of an original butt plate/length of stock from rear of tang to butt? I don't know if stock has been cut down any. Other gun is CVA Hawken .50 percussion missing front and rear sights. I looked in Dixie catalog, none listed. Any help wpould be appreciated in returning these rifles to original conditions.

Check on eBay. I got a front and rear primitive style for like $18.00, and it really enhanced the "look" of my CVA squirrel gun...Bud

On my 54 Renegade, from the rear of the tang to the steel butt where the wood ends it's 11 1/2" on top. They are the same stock on the 54 or 50 I think.

I may have a spare set of sights for the Hawken if you want the adjustable style.

The stock is 11 1/4", looks like it has been cut down for recoil pad. Does anyone have any ideas on making the rifle appear as if used by Native Americans? I will keep looking for buckhorn sights for the CVA.

Deer Creek Products-765-525-6181 carries CVA parts. They don't have a web site, but they do answer the phone and they know what they're talking about. Good people.

Take the universal T/C sighting set from DGW. That will work or call Log Cabin Shop in Lodi/Ohio. They have CVA sights in stock.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back