• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two Navies, two different cylinders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got two Uberti Navies, which I think I've posted before. The older one wants a .380 ball, the newer one wants a .375 ball. I have both, but wonder how much pressure it would take to force the .380 ball in the smaller cylinder. The older one would allow the .375 ball to move forward and bind up the cylinder.

If I shoot the .375 ball in my Uberti G&G, it will chain fire. It won't with the .380...I got a second cylinder for it (unfortunately it's for a "Navy" and has the roll scene on it) with .369 measured chambers, and it shoots the .375 just fine.

Gene L.
A real generalized answer...
The 36's work easier with bigger balls than the 44's do.
There's less metal to shear through.

I've got two Uberti Navies, which I think I've posted before. The older one wants a .380 ball, the newer one wants a .375 ball. I have both, but wonder how much pressure it would take to force the .380 ball in the smaller cylinder. The older one would allow the .375 ball to move forward and bind up the cylinder.

As long as it rings and rams without extreme difficulty should work.

If I shoot the .375 ball in my Uberti G&G, it will chain fire. It won't with the .380...I got a second cylinder for it (unfortunately it's for a "Navy" and has the roll scene on it) with .369 measured chambers, and it shoots the .375 just fine.

Chain fire: Put thicker lube on top of ball. I fill the cylinder to the top. I use a hard wax oil mix that's melted together. Solved chain fire and not expensive. Works good to waterproof boots too.

Latest posts

Back