• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Two Feathers...yet again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, after patiently, sort of, waiting for the USPS to deliver 4 days late, I'm sitting here at a computer trying to come up with new/different words to describe a knife and sheath made the 'old fashioned way', and a vendor that treats you like a friend. I have to admit that I'm having trouble because it's far too uncommon these days to have this kind of service from an online vendor, and there are so many other plaudits on this very page. It just seems a bit wrong. I'd prefer to shake the man's hand, and thank him because this way seems so impersonal.

The knife...it's just perfect. Sold as a 'Mini Roach Belly', I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it's a perfect size for a utility knife. It's on my belt right now, and when it isn't cutting patches it will be used for the more mundane things of modern life. The scales are gorgeous, and the blade is sharp...really sharp. I also like how the bluing from the tempering is left on the blade. There isn't much bare metal to rust. The sheath is as nice as the knife, and every bit as utilitarian. I'll continue to carry my cheap pocket folder to use as a 'hammer' just so I don't sully this beauty.

What really sets this whole transaction apart from the typical online sale is Dave's passion for 1...what he makes, and 2...his customer's satisfaction. The man really cares about what he's doing, and how you like it. You can buy from lots of online companies that do a good job, but it's impersonal. That isn't the case with Two Feathers.

I'll buy from him again whether it's a knife, or any other muzzle loading accessory I might want, and will be confident I'll be as happy as I am with this purchase.

Thanks again Dave!

Painter:
Thank you my friend, and I mean Friend!!
I was as excited as you were; for you to get your knife. There's always a bit of apprehension when you work with a customer on a project (like yours) and then ship it out? You never really know what to expect in the way of reaction?
So far, the reactions have been great and I've had nothing but good feedback. I'm hoping that continues to be the case?
I've been at knife making for 54 years. I've made a lot of knives, but each one is like my first one.
Without a dedicated website or an actual brick and mortar store, feedback is all the advertising I get for my business, and I can't thank my customers enough for it.
You have been more than gracious with your feedback, and I appreciate it very much.
I'd like to shake your hand as well. Maybe one of these days that can happen? I look forward to the opportunity.
God bless:
Dave "Two Feathers."

Well said painter, I could not agree more! Dave is an outstanding craftsman, his concern for the customer is above and beyond anything found anywhere. And I too would like to shake his hand and say “Thank You friend” keep up the beautiful creations Two Feathers, we all enjoy them! Stay well!

Mdl94:
Thank you my friend, and I mean that. You guys are making me teary eyed, and it gist ain't right fer a 6'3"
280 pound man to git teary eyed?! ;):ThankYou:

I've made some great friends here and I wish I could personally meet; and shake hands, with each and every one of you. That would be my honor.
I'll keep doin' what I do as long as folks want my work. My CS will NEVER change for however long the Good Lord lets me stay in touch with my friends and customers here.
God's blessings on y'all:
Two Feathers

Over the past year I have bought half a dozen items from online vendors. All have taken too much time arriving at my place. Never been the fault of the vendor, but it's been the post office or one of the common carriers delaying the arrival. The carriers are the lateness problem not the sellers. I guess its just the times.

mushka:
I gotta' agree there; I've had parcels take 4 weeks+ to get delivered in the last 2 months. That's completely unacceptable. Everyone (ie USPS) was using the Corona Virus as an excuse to slack off on their job responsibility. But folks won't pay double and triple the price for UPS or FedEx service. So what do you do? Everyone knows that the USPS sucks, BUT they're the only game in town?
It's kinda' bizarre, but for some inexplicable reason, folks are willing to pay for inferior service just because it's cheaper? It's almost like you use it because it's cheaper, never mind that it's no good, the selling feature is the price? I wouldn't buy a new car that I KNOW is inferior quality just because it costs less than a Good car, but people do?
I believe that in the next 4 years the USPS will be out of business by their own undoing. You can't keep charging for something that you're not delivering, no pun intended. The Postal service is pretty much irrelevant these days. NO one uses Snail Mail for anything, except some companies who use it for bulk junk mailings. Everyone Emails; pays bills, and shops online, so where's the need for a Postal Service?
Just me ranting.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back