• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Two feathers cartouche knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt powder

32 Cal
Reaction score
This is my 3rd purchase from him and as always his products are of very fine quality and great customer service!!! If you want a great hand built product look him up! Highly recommend!!!

I've never heard anything but good about Two Feathers!

If anybody is interested, the current issue of The Museum of the Fur Trade Quarterly has a nice article about a very old cartouche knife with a green bone handle with three pins, recovered from the site of an Arikara village on the Upper Missouri. The article has a short but detailed discussion and a very good photograph. The knife itself is remarkably well preserved.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Notchy Bob:
Thank you my friend. It's nice to have the support of upstanding and knowledgeable folks like yourself.
I'd LOVE to see that article is there an online link to it? I have the Museum of the Fur Trade book by James A. Hanson, "Fur Trade Cutlery Sketchbook." It's been a great help to get design ideas from, but I'm limited to just designs from THAT, it's all I have. I'm always looking for better photos, designs, sketches, and information.
Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back