• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tweaking a Kibler Rifle Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you added a toe plate, as mentioned in another thread. Really beautiful work all around. :thumb:

I received the Kibler Colonial Flintlock Kit, with a Cherry stock, and started working on it ten days ago.
The assembly went very well- very little needed to be done with the parts; they fit together almost flawlessly. (This saves a lot of time for a builder!)
I decided that I wanted to add some uniqueness to my build so I didn't get the sliding wooden patch box, but decided to install a brass one.
I also did some carving on the rifle and removed quite a bit of wood from the wrist and also the forearm.
After about 40 or 50 hours of work, it's done except for a daily light application and rub-in of Boiled Linseed Oil for the finish.
It is bitter-sweet finishing up this rifle. I like how it looks and handles and am looking forward to shooting it. But I am also sad that the project has been completed and there is no rifle on my work bench tonight.
Maybe a new build is on the horizon....?
Very nice! What a fine rifle that can be pass down when you part this world. :thumb: :thumb:

Great job! My Kibler kit arrived late yesterday but I'm not going to do anything that fancy. Just straight up assembly and finish. I won't have time to even take it out of the box until Saturday....can hardly wait.

Just got my kit (ordered in June) today, unfortunately, I was on my way to the next state over at the time. will have to wait until Monday to see it :<((

I’ve been watching this baby be born on Facebook as you posted the progression each day! What a labor of love!! Absolute great work! I’m going to order a Colonial soon.... not sure when. Probably .58
next we need a range report!

I received the Kibler Colonial Flintlock Kit, with a Cherry stock, and started working on it ten days ago.
The assembly went very well- very little needed to be done with the parts; they fit together almost flawlessly. (This saves a lot of time for a builder!)
I decided that I wanted to add some uniqueness to my build so I didn't get the sliding wooden patch box, but decided to install a brass one.
I also did some carving on the rifle and removed quite a bit of wood from the wrist and also the forearm.
After about 40 or 50 hours of work, it's done except for a daily light application and rub-in of Boiled Linseed Oil for the finish.
It is bitter-sweet finishing up this rifle. I like how it looks and handles and am looking forward to shooting it. But I am also sad that the project has been completed and there is no rifle on my work bench tonight.
Maybe a new build is on the horizon....?
Hi pathfinder, what caliber is your toy, did you weight it before and after and here’s the difficult question you say you took lots of wood off approximately how much. I do like lightweight toys and thinking of getting one for the next project

Latest posts

Back