• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TVM Tennessee Rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of there acorn inlays

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1545427594910.jpg
    FB_IMG_1545427594910.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 196
If you really want to be period correct, you could go to the Vogler Gun Shop at Old Salem. The will make you a custom gun for $5000 and up. I was there a few years ago and they are beautiful guns, but they are out of my price range.

Smokey Plainsman. I’ve got a TVM Tennessee, I can tell you it shoots where I point it! If I do my job it wins at the local shoots.
From my experience you will be pleased. If you are looking for an exact historical replica you won’t.
I’m getting ready to order a fancier Late Lancaster. I’m not worried.

I've got a TV m Southern poor boy rifle and the craftsmanship is immaculate. The metal fit-and-finish is perfect not one single flaw. And it shoots exactly where it's pointed at. I really couldn't ask for anything better. And it's not a replica of an existing original rifle but that doesn't make it not historically accurate material and style-wise. I would be very happy to do business with them again.

So would you folks say these are better than a Pedersoli? Are the locks better?

Who has been in business longer and will be, Pedersoli, enough said. How come the owner's wife left??????????????
You can't be saying pedersoli is better than TVM??

You can't be saying pedersoli is better than TVM??
Why would anyone be happy with a rifle that shoots like this and looks so good? That is three shots in the black, 75 grain ole eyesforth. Lefty she, 50 cal percussion.

Attachments

• 20181110_091217.jpg
    20181110_091217.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 132
D
Why would anyone be happy with a rifle that shoots like this and looks so good? That is three shots in the black, 75 grain ole eyesforth. Lefty she, 50 cal percussion.
Don't get me wrong, pedersoli makes a really nice rifle and im not putting them down but im just saying that if i had a choice i would pick TVM every time.

Ive got two TVM rifles and the both are accurate and well made. I'M sure Tip makes a fine rifle as well, but I'm not ashamed of mine. Quick ignition and accurate. What I don't understand is all the prevalent advice to get a kit and finish it. I don't have the skill, patience, or desire to complete a kit and don't figure it's worth it if I value my time. And I suspect many others feel the same way. I've been paying all my life to get things done I can't do myself. For me, a Tip kit would be a complete waste of money.

Ive got two TVM rifles and the both are accurate and well made. I'M sure Tip makes a fine rifle as well, but I'm not ashamed of mine. Quick ignition and accurate. What I don't understand is all the prevalent advice to get a kit and finish it. I don't have the skill, patience, or desire to complete a kit and don't figure it's worth it if I value my time. And I suspect many others feel the same way. I've been paying all my life to get things done I can't do myself. For me, a Tip kit would be a complete waste of money.
Well said Gene

While I've had my TVM Southern Poor Boy .50 cal for only a few months I am still amazed by the craftsmanship and how well it shoots. No hesitation at all when I touch the trigger. I did research the Pedersoli's and others in my price range and have no regrets at all on doing business with these fine folks!

Some random thoughts on my own experiences: My Ardessa .50 cal. Hawken and Armsport .45 cal. Kentuckian are both cheapies. I found both of them languishing in gun shops because "nobody cares about that stuff" I paid less than $200. apiece for them. They are both in excellent condition and shoot like we the people. Neither of them have the "stipple pen" warnings etc. on the barrels. I also own a couple of pedersoli's. I can't find anything about the pedersolis that differentiates them (quality wise) from the ardessa or armsport. I am currently focused on a .32 cal tennesee rifle. It looks like an "in the white kit" from TVM will be the way I go. I think I'll be happy I paid a little extra to avoid the expense and questionable quality of Pedersoli's offerings. I would have been okay with a cva squirrel rifle, but they are selling for stupid money now. I guess there are a lot of "nobodys" like myself around.

I have been on forums for awhile and over the years there are some that say you should have went some where else no matter where you bought your stuff. Just because you do not buy what they have. I own Kibler, TVM fowler, GPR Lyman, Traditions, and CVA, cap and flint and I like them all. There is a difference between them, that does not make any of them junk. I started with the cheaper guns because that's what I could afford. I do not regret buying any of them. I have had get time shooting all of them. Merry Christmas to you all!! Mark/wi

I have been on forums for awhile and over the years there are some that say you should have went some where else no matter where you bought your stuff. Just because you do not buy what they have. I own Kibler, TVM fowler, GPR Lyman, Traditions, and CVA, cap and flint and I like them all. There is a difference between them, that does not make any of them junk. I started with the cheaper guns because that's what I could afford. I do not regret buying any of them. I have had get time shooting all of them. Merry Christmas to you all!! Mark/wi
How do you like your Kibler? I'm going to be getting a Kibler fifty-caliber Colonial rifle kit in a little bit and I was just wondering how you like yours.

I like mine really well. I have to sight it in yet, but all shots are on the target. It is the 54 and handle's well. I am sure you will like it a lot. Mark/WI

Back