• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE TVM Flintlock Southern Mountain Rifle 40 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottE

32 Cal
Reaction score
Curly Ash Southern Mountain Rifle
Dark Stain - Aged Steel
Right Hand Late Ketland Flintlock
.40 Tapered 41.5" Barrel
Single Trigger - 14.5" Length of Pull
Two Bolt Side Plate
Original price from TVM, $2,100 plus shipping
Bought brand new in January and only fired 4 times. I have since started a new business and even though I love the rifle, I just can't justify keeping it right now.
I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. Seeing if there is any interest

Curly Ash Southern Mountain Rifle
Dark Stain - Aged Steel
Right Hand Late Ketland Flintlock
.40 Tapered 41.5" Barrel
Single Trigger - 14.5" Length of Pull
Two Bolt Side Plate
Original price from TVM, $2,100 plus shipping
Bought brand new in January and only fired 4 times. I have since started a new business and even though I love the rifle, I just can't justify keeping it right now.
I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. Seeing if there is any interest

Forgot to mention that I am asking $1800

Certainly interested in seeing some pics Been hunting for one.

I will take some pictures later today.
In the meantime, if you go to TVM website and go to the showroom it is there, shown as sold. There are a few pictures there

20190531_220426.jpg
20190531_220500.jpg
20190531_220533.jpg

That's a beautiful piece of wood! I remember as a boy using ash wood for a single tree, a chunk of wood with two trace chains from the collar on a horse attached at the ends and the middle being attached to a plow. The single tree withstood constant shear pressures and jerking, etc. I always thought it would make a great gunstock. I have a 12 guage converted flintlock blanket gun I built from ash, and it is a stout rascal. I had to quit carrying it in public because the police thought it was a blunt force trauma weapon, Ha!

Still for sale
I am in south Mississippi if anyone is near and interested in seeing the rifle

I have to say that I am sort of curious that no one is interested in my TVM enough to discuss or make an offer Just curious. I had hoped for some dialog at least. I understand that $1800 is a lot of money I totally get it.
Anyway ,it is a beautiful rifle and is a lot of fun to shoot I may just give it to a nephew or friend who has the time to enjoy it.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat Scott- But the ash stock doesn't do it for me. Still it's a beaut, and the Ketland lock and the tapered barrel add to it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I can relate to your thoughts on the Ash stock. I have always been a fan of curly maple myself.
When I visited TVM a few months back and they showed this one to me I was really impressed with it I guess photos just don't do it justice

ScottE,

Nice rifle! Someone should be interested. Maybe there are some buyers who were waiting until they saw what was available at Friendship before making a commitment. Unfortunately, the LOP is too long for me.

Does it have a nose cap or am I seeing pattern of the wood grain?

ScottE:

Just wondering and perhaps to clear up some confusion here.... The gun you are selling is the one in the first set of pictures without a patch box and stained the dark (red, whatever) color, not the honey stained one. Correct ?

What are the Breech and muzzle measurements of the barrel ?

Thanks
Hey thanks for responding.
Sorry for the confusion You are correct... I am selling the rifle in the first pictures No patch box.
I will get the measurements you are asking for and come back to you

Back