• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TVLL Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was looking at a flintlock musket, more of a fowler, really, that has a crown, a bird and TVLL on lock and crown and bird on top of barrel. Anyone know that mark?

Uhhhhhh, that would be:

• The Crown ... as the mark of the French King, over
  • A a Fleur de Lis ... not a bird, as denoting the property of France, over
  • TVLL or TVLLE or A.TVLLE for the armory @ Tulle
TVLL.jpg

But they were marked in different fashions ...

Last edited:
Was looking at a flintlock musket, more of a fowler, really, that has a crown, a bird and TVLL on lock and crown and bird on top of barrel. Anyone know that mark?

I think it’s maybe a Centermark fusil.

If I’m not mistaken, Alex Efremenko described them some years ago - mostly what was not historically accurate about them.

Last edited:
You usually see the Flur de lis on the Lockplate. Ahead of the pan or on the tail of the plate.

The crown over TVILL was a standard stamp with initials of the lock inspector where were varied.

Back