• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Turtle ball bag with updated shipping info. Thank you nhmoose.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

Here’s a Turtle shaped Ball Bag for sale. The price is $45.00 + $15.00 s&h (flat rate box, insured) in USD’s, to the lower 48 states plus Alaska and Hawaii. I know the price seems a bit high, but ask anyone in the leather craft business, there’s a lot of time, and experience involved in making this bag. I don’t know what others would charge for it, but I know what I have into it, and I feel that this is a fair price.

This bag will hold at least fifty+ round balls of .50 cal. or smaller, probably closer to 75? It should also hold .54 cal. balls as well? The neck opening is bigger than .625.” A .54 cal. ball is .535” plus or minus?

The bag is all hand Saddle stitched with Waxed Linen thread for period correctness. It has a hand carved Turtle head shaped pour spout stopper. Remember; I’m not an artist. It’s supposed to look “Rustic” or Mountain Man made. . It was designed (in the 1700’s) to work, NOT look pretty. The bag is crafted from prime quality; 4oz. vegetable tanned, tooling leather. It’s been dyed Chocolate Brown. The head is carved from Yellow Pine, and has been stained with my home made Walnut hull and Coal oil stain to match. There is a soft 2 piece chrome tanned Brown strap that’s tied at the top. You can retie it to your preferred length. The strap ends are through the holes in the “front legs” and knotted. They can easily be shortened as well and retied. Right now it hangs to 32”.

The whole Turtle has been water molded then dyed and saturated with a mixture of hot melted Bees wax and Paraffin.

I will burn my signature into it somewhere?

Show off a little, and add some light hearted humor at your next shoot with this bag. It will get you looks and pleasing comments anywhere you take it. Trust me, the guys (and girls) will be talking about this one for weeks to come. Your shootin’ buddies will all want one, so you should be the first to own it.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the lower 48 states is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer you use the PayPal friends and family option when sending funds, but I also take postal or bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Turtle bag finished 001 edited 30.jpg
    Turtle bag finished 001 edited 30.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Turtle bag finished 002 edited 30.jpg
    Turtle bag finished 002 edited 30.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 122
  • Turtle bag finished 003 edited 30.jpg
    Turtle bag finished 003 edited 30.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Turtle bag finished 004 edited 30.jpg
    Turtle bag finished 004 edited 30.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 100
Guys: look at this bag, how can you resist the creativity? This will look amazing hanging off your shoulder at the next shoot. And folks will be talking about it for a year. You can't beat the price for a 100% hand made ball bag with this look. Check for anything even CLOSE to this on line in one of those Black Powder stores? I doubt that you'll come anywhere near this for this price? This is not just a bag, it's a folk art piece as well.
'cmon guys, give this little feller a home.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back