• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

turning a wedge tent into a mini wall tent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treestalker

Treestalker
Reaction score
I have a smaller white canvas wedge tent that I would like to convert to a 'wall' type tent with about 2'-3' foot walls; I have some white canvas donated by a friend that is the same thickness or heavier. I have other lady friends who would sew it up for a fee (I think). I can cut out the walls and pin it up; could this be viable? How about loops at the wall shoulders and feet and c.? All advice taken without prejudice, LOL! Thanks, Geo.

Nope, can't be done. My wife never added 14" on to my cousin's wall tent to make it so we could stand upright. Can Not be done..... ignore the lighter colored canvas along the bottom😉

IMG_2131.JPG

You will definitely need loops at the shoulders and feet to properly support the walls, also if you have enough canvas be sure to have at least a 8 to 10 in. sod flap sewn on to the bottom of the walls, you realize also the ends and door way will need extended, also be sure where the walls attach they are double sewn for strength. Interesting project if the canvas was a gift and depending on the cost to sew it you may be better off just buying a small wall. I would like to see pictures when completed.

I have a smaller white canvas wedge tent that I would like to convert to a 'wall' type tent with about 2'-3' foot walls; I have some white canvas donated by a friend that is the same thickness or heavier. I have other lady friends who would sew it up for a fee (I think). I can cut out the walls and pin it up; could this be viable? How about loops at the wall shoulders and feet and c.? All advice taken without prejudice, LOL! Thanks, Geo.

An officer's Marquis tent, is pretty much just what you're suggesting. You could apply the same idea. You should know that the more flat the sides, and higher the tent, the more the wind becomes a factor. The Marquis tent is just a roof, with the walls and doors attached by hooks and eyes, just inside the lower edge. they are a two-piece tent. ;)

So if it was me, I'd only go up 18 inches, the max would be two feet. You will be amazed at how much useful room you get with that very small elevation.

Extend the doors, BUT...., sew the sides similar to the marquis..., just inside the bottom edge, about 3", so that water running off the roof of the tent doesn't run down the sides, but drips off the edge. Very similar to the eaves on a wooden roof. That way the water that runs off doesn't all collect on the ground along the lower edge of the walls, on the sides. In a heavy downpour that can be a real problem, so move the runoff just a few inches away from the sides.

LD

Back