• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

turn around for Bobby Hoyts work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Hoyt is well known for not answering the phone during the normal work day. I don't fault a small shop for this at all - I know other small shops that likewise beg and plead for folks not to call for updates or small talk because they are working on orders.

I called about 8 am and got him my first try.
On another note, I found a post of yours describing casting and lubing the .457 Kerr bullet. Thanks for that. What’s your opinion on that bullet now?

On another note, I found a post of yours describing casting and lubing the .457 Kerr bullet. Thanks for that. What’s your opinion on that bullet now?
I think I only shot it once; it had pretty good accuracy as I recall.

I shoot my revolver in N-SSA competition and have gotten great results with the Moose Revolver Bullet. It's pretty much all I shoot now unless I'm trying out something new.

Why bother Mr. Hoyt and take time away from him if he is already 6 months behind, when somebody on the forum can answer it ?
Didn’t realize somebody on the forum was keeping track of and setting Mr Hoyt’s schedule. Always thought he was the one that set his work schedule. Learn something new every day.

That isn't what he asked . He only asked if Mr.Hoyt lined pistol barrels .
Does Bobby Hoyt line hand gun barrels ? I am especially interested in a an 1851 Colt Navy lto be ined to .357"
I was responding to @Bunk, not the OP. Bunk had a specific question about relining an 1851 Colt to .357”. Personally having worked with Mr Hoyt a number of times have found it best to talk to him and get his expert input on any project. What has been your experience with Bobby? Last I knew, he didn’t have a website, email or access to the internet. You either call him or send a letter snail mail as someone previously suggested. And as far as relying this or any other forum for information on Mr Hoyt there have been repeated posts on what services he will or won’t do that are apparently incorrect. Thus the need to speak to him directly.

Back to the OP. I still suggest calling Bobby to get current timing and his recommendations on options.
what is about the average time for Bobby Hoyt to rebore a rifle barrel and send it back?

I think I only shot it once; it had pretty good accuracy as I recall.

I shoot my revolver in N-SSA competition and have gotten great results with the Moose Revolver Bullet. It's pretty much all I shoot now unless I'm trying out something new.
Huh. Looked at his website and found a few Smith carbine bullets that looked interesting. No revolver bullets though. Is there another supplier?

Huh. Looked at his website and found a few Smith carbine bullets that looked interesting. No revolver bullets though. Is there another supplier?
His revolver "collar button" bullet is not listed on his web site. Email him - he can make you one. I think it's actually a 45-70 bullet.

It looks pretty much like this:
1657766653594.png

Steve

I had Bobby reline my 54 TC this year. Turn around time was 2 months. Shipping to and from Idaho takes a lot of time (and $). He's a busy man. I wasn't going to bother him by calling.

I had Bobby reline my 54 TC this year. Turn around time was 2 months. Shipping to and from Idaho takes a lot of time (and $). He's a busy man. I wasn't going to bother him by calling.
I have shipped barrels to him with my plan for the barrel asking him to complete it when it fit his schedule and to let me know how much the work cost. He shipped the barrels back to me, finished, with a note telling me what I owed. I thought that was risky behavior and I overpaid slightly in case others might not have paid at all. He’s a gentleman.

Back