• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey Foot Trading Co.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I've made a couple of orders from these folks. Great place to go for the little odds and ends like awls, hemp rope, webbing, and cordage, dried food items as well as very cheap white and grey wool blankets. Reasonably priced tinware too. They also have handmade items; horns especially. They're a great source for a wide assortment of good stuff.

It's a family run business. They ship next business day and answer any of your questions promptly, accurately, and with a pleasant demeanor that speaks highly of their character.

Strongest recommendation possible for these fine folks!

I use them for hemp rope and webbing. They also forge the hooks for the yokes that I make. I always see them at Fort Fred - nice folks and pleasant to deal with.

The 2" herringbone hemp webbing is going to make for an awesome cartridge pouch strap

I've done a lot of business with them as well. Couple of horns, tin ware, rope - I couldn't begin to remember everything. I have talked to them at The Fair at New Boston and the Kalamazoo show.
It would be nice if they could coach the folks at The Rifle Shoppe on how to conduct customer service.

Bought a kilo of glass wampum beads from them years ago, but it seems they no longer carry them. Does anyone know where to buy wampum in bulk? I would have liked to done more business with them for wampum, but may still buy other products. Seem like nice folks. George.

Another thumbs up for Turkeyfoot on my first order. Prompt shipping and communication on my order. Everything arrived as it should have.

The salt cured bacon and soups smell absolutely heavenly.

Would definitely recommend them.

Coincidentally, I came across a link to Turkey Foot Trading Co. in a thread I had bookmarked, and spent some time the other day going through their wares. Nice stuff.

Curious, how would their hemp cloth be for making a hunting shirt?

Richard/Grumpa

And, slightly :eek:ff (so I'm not looking to pirate the thread or start a separate discussion), but I also came across an article in the Colonial Williamsburg Journal on hemp in its historical context: Hemp & Flax in Colonial America that some of you might find interesting.
https://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/Winter15/hemp.cfm

Richard/Grumpa

Last edited by a moderator:
Grumpa said:
Coincidentally, I came across a link to Turkey Foot Trading Co. in a thread I had bookmarked, and spent some time the other day going through their wares. Nice stuff.

Curious, how would their hemp cloth be for making a hunting shirt?

Richard/Grumpa

I have used their hemp fabric for the seats on folding stools. While HC and serviceable for a hunting shirt, it will be heavier (warmer/hotter) than linen. Turkey Foot will likely be willing to send you a small swatch.

I have dealt with them from down under here in Western Australia and found their stuff good quality and good prompt service, nice people to deal with. :thumbsup:

Back