• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

tschinke pan operation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezeikel

32 Cal
Reaction score
having built a tschinke I cannot find a good picture showing the working of the pan opening mechanism for the pan on pulling the trigger. the end of the wheel spindle appears no to be eccentric or have a cam. I made mine with a cam and it appears to want to destroy the cam on a regular basis. Any one got any accurate information?

Did you solve this? Are you all across how it works in other wheellocks?
I have a book with a line drawing of a tschinke lock interior and exterior. The spindle cam for the pan cover is the only part of the spindle projecting inside the lockplate, because tschinke bearings are the plate and exterior bridle. The picture appears to show a pan-cover arm with a second, shaped arm between it and the spindle. Trying to work out how to post photos, I am out of practice.

1633161392682.png
1633161392682.png
Bolek's work and his picture today.

All is now clear and thanks ChrisPer. Now I can continue with this tricky little beast Ive made one to find all the difficult bits now I can make one with less issues in it and a complete gun as soon as I can find a suitable barrel.

ChrisPer you dont happen to have pictures of the other side and perhaps a top and rear do you?

I emphasise it's Bolek's work, and Bolek's pictures. You can see many many pictures of his work in progress at the FB group "
"Matchlock and Wheellock Guns"

I wont presume you dont know but other readers may wish to know that Bolek posted here some time ago as Raszpla. He is an amazing craftsman, and also a teacher showing us how to do this work. He offers a course in building wheellocks as a separate private FB group, which I subscribe to.

It would be great if you came to that group and posted some progress photos, and thank Bolek.

1633431453489.png

1633431619804.png

1633431680857.png

I emphasise it's Bolek's work, and Bolek's pictures. You can see many many pictures of his work in progress at the FB group "

I wont presume you dont know but other readers may wish to know that Bolek posted here some time ago as Raszpla. He is an amazing craftsman, and also a teacher showing us how to do this work. He offers a course in building wheellocks as a separate private FB group, which I subscribe to.

It would be great if you came to that group and posted some progress photos, and thank Bolek.

View attachment 97759

View attachment 97760

View attachment 97761
Thanks for sharing bud

View attachment 97759

View attachment 97760

View attachment 97761
Absolutely GORGEOUS

In addition to the cost, I sure would not want a ham-fisted private handing a gun with that elegant piece of craftsmanship as its lock...., yep give the privates matchlocks, and see if they can avoid setting themselves ablaze....

LD

Back