• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying To ID/Info PC Smooth Bore Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this old small caliber percussion cap musket found in a thrift store in 2013 they wanted stupid money for it, I went back to the same store a year later it was still there, I offered like $70 and it was mine. Its an odd piece with a duck head carved in the stock. Had no clue and this was when I acquired my first BP long gun. It stayed on the wall decorative till 2019 when the ammo shortages started. Not wanted to waste any of the modern stuff I took a hard look and figured why not. After a delegate yet complete break down and inspection I found that a .375 ball with a .010 patch should work. Did some research and only found one other close to it on Gun Brokers. Said it was a Monkey Gun .410 shot with .28 grains powder. Made in Spain imported to Mexico for hunting small game like birds and monkeys. The only markings I found were on the barrel near the breach. I'm clueless other than it is made from Spain. So with that I mounted it in a gun vice in the yard with a string attached all loaded with a PC #10. Hid and yanked the string and it shot well!!! Examined it, all good and I hip fired it the second time hitting a target some 20' away.

So from that point on I was hooked on BP muzzle loaders!!! I am trying to find some history on this little long guns, so I'm reaching out here to all you guys. I have 14 photos of it. The condition in the shots is how I bought it other than a different nipple, the old one was beat up bad and wouldnt always fire the cap. Its a fun little gun to shoot.

The Barrel is 28" and the Steel Ram Rod in 27" overall length is 43" . Serial numbers are on the photos.
There is a stamp mark under the numbers on the barrel "Made in Spain" sorry I didnt take a photo of it. Thanks!!

All ID Barrel Numbers.jpgSerial ID Numbers Barrel.jpgLower Barrel ID.jpgRight Side Complete.jpgDuck Front Stock.jpgHammer:Lock Plate.jpg

Attachments

• Left Side Complete.jpg
    Left Side Complete.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Duck Left Side Stock.jpg
    Duck Left Side Stock.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Duck Right Side Stock.jpg
    Duck Right Side Stock.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Muzzle:Front Bead Site.jpg
    Muzzle:Front Bead Site.jpg