• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying to find steel mold for 395 ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bothenook

32 Cal.
Reaction score
A non tech savvy member of our club asked if I could find him a steel roundball bullet mold…..sure, no problem. Except 15 pages of google search later, no luck. I can find a boatload of Aluminum molds ranging from Lee to Marty, but steel 395? No such luck. Thought I‘d check in with the wizards hoping someone here has a clue where he can get or have one made. I did find a cute brass one made in England, but somehow I don’t see him having the best of times using it…..and it is made from brass, not steel. I even did a search of all 10 pages here that referenced bullet molds…no luck
Thanks guys

I went through the "gotta' have" a steel mold phase until I traded wild turkey feathers for a Lyman and found out it cast a really lopsided ball, I found that my newer model Lee's did as good a job as any of my steel molds for a fraction of the cost. The only steel mold I ever used that cast an absolutely perfect ball was a Rapine mold that I borrowed from a friend to cast .395s with.

Thanks guys. I'll pass on the info. For what it's worth, I have only used Lee Aluminum molds, casting literally thousands of roundball in various calibers, and have been very happy with the results. Easy to use, easy to maintain, and never any worries about rust. Consistant throws make me a happy camper

Back