• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Trying shot in a rifled muzzleloading pistol??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun stuff! I’m not a shot shooter (yet), but I wonder what keeps shot from just rolling out of the barrel? I assume there is some sort of tight fitting wad that you push down after the shot?

I have always wanted to hunt small game close up with a smoothbore pistol but it is not allowed here.
Marks video demonstrate to me it could work which only makes it much harder on me stuck on this bureaucratic island 😭

Fun stuff! I’m not a shot shooter (yet), but I wonder what keeps shot from just rolling out of the barrel? I assume there is some sort of tight fitting wad that you push down after the shot?
Yes, I stuffed it with muslin patch at the 1:42 minute mark. That kept all that shot stuffed in the barrel well. Thanks for watching....

I have always wanted to hunt small game close up with a smoothbore pistol but it is not allowed here.
Marks video demonstrate to me it could work which only makes it much harder on me stuck on this bureaucratic island 😭
Man...I feel for you fellows overseas not being able to shoot anyway you wish.Thanks for watching these wacky fun silly videos...

I watched your video and that seems about right. My CVA .45 caliber pistol shoots about a two or three foot wide, very inconsistent pattern at about 15 yards. I once had a Jukar, ~ .69 caliber, flintlock tower pistol which shot a more even pattern but still wide at the same distance.

Latest posts

Back