• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Trying out Swiss 2 F in smoothbore....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a coupe of pounds of 1.5f Swiss a month ago from a fellow SASS competitor. I figure it should work well in my CVA SXS. I shot my Ped. Trade rifle today with 80 grains 2F Schuetzen and 60 grains 3f Schuetzen behind a .61 ball and .018 spit-lubed pillow tick. This was my second time out with this gun and I was playing with various charges and priming. I used 4f, 3f, and 2f priming figuring on a “trek” I would want to simplify and prime with my main charge powder. I think the 3f-3f (main charge and priming) combo worked best.

Well, I use 1Fg in my 75-cal smoothbore w/ 90+ grain charges using paper cartrdge loads … but she is a loooooong 60” barrel! I can load & shoot all day! But to be truthful, I once stopped counting @ 28-shots & still stayed shooting, but gave up counting …

Latest posts

Back