• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRS Ferguson 513 Drawings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtrek524

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've hit a snag with my Ferguson kit from the Rifle Shop. The gunsmith I hired to finish the assembly needs more information on where to drill the ignition hole and other critical measurements. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a set of drawings with my original order. I contacted the Rifle Shoppe a few weeks ago for a set od the drawings, but they are out of print. Does anyone have a spare set or a digital scan of them? I would be very grateful and of course be willing to pay for them. I've just passed the 1 year mark from the time i first placed the order for the rifle...I'd love to be able to have it completed.

Thanks!

Hi,
I recommend the vent hole to be 1.25" forward of the back of the barrel/breech and level with the top of the pan on the lock. Hopefully, your builder positions the lock correctly so all this lines up. The hole will be just a little forward of the recessed flat on the screw plug. I urge you to have a "white lightning" vent liner installed, which will speed up ignition a lot. The long vent hole can lead to slow ignition but a vent liner eliminates that.
These photos should help.
JLP84Ne.jpg

UvnMpbR.jpg

ftTaOrs.jpg

Tell your builder not to concern himself with a large space between the back of the pan and the end of the barrel/breech. The original ordnance guns all had that. The back of the pan on the lock should be about 3/4" in front of the back of the barrel/breech.
dave

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! I will pass this on to my gunsmith. Hopefully I'll get those drawings soon. They would look nice framed up with the rifle.

Latest posts

Back