• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trouble see front sight on Kibler SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birchwood Casey makes ( or did) boneifide sight paint I've been using for years. Red green and white. Also have to use fiber optic due too old eyes. Whatever it takes!

My solution(s) to my old-age sighting was:
1. peep sight (helped a lot).
2. filed my front sight more narrow to lessen "fuzz out" (bead sight).
3. On my GPR I epoxied a small piece of 1.5 mm fiber optic on top of by blade sight. Not traditional but oh my what a difference it makes!

The Kibler supplied front sights are not usable for me. It is too tiny. It is like the original sights.

I make a new front that is much wider, about 1/8". The 44" barrel puts it way out there so a wide sight will appear like a target post on a CF match rifle. Height? The supplied sight is very low. Mirage is a factor. I make the new sight higher. That means a new rear sight too. I usually make them from scratch. On one I filled in between the ears on the kibler sight with hack saw blade to raise it and make a slot instead of a V. Good luck

Thank all of you for your suggestions. This gives me some options to try.
Rod Man, I can see both sights when not aligned. As I align the two they both blend into one and I am unable to get a site picture.
On my Great Plains rifle I have a rear buckhorn site and silver front site that works well but that barrel is a lot shorter.
A Buckhorn that almost closes is what worked for me. Now I just shoot my smoothbore with 1 sight out there where I can see it

Back