• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trouble…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and receive, for pics anyway. Here are 3 pics of the complex device I've used for over 10 years...and my elk gun which is what I've used it on (54 cal and 44 inch barrel).
I'm intrigued by the grease gun method but havent used it...
Here's my version; I have been posting this pic for several years.

Attachments

• Air extractor5.JPG
    Air extractor5.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: smo
Yours looks much better. Is that thread correct to thread right into the barrel if the touchole is removed?
Also, new tubeless bicycle tire technology has a much better alternative to what I made 10 years ago out of desperation and an idea...if the OP is interested I could mail him one. Send a PM. That and a floor pump or air compressor would take care of this dilemma...

Here's my version; I have been posting this pic for several years.
Late last fall, I gave up hunting with my .45 but didn't want to shot the rifle to discharge it and then having to clean it. It was loaded with a tight patch. Anyway, I held it over my welding table aimed at my walk-in steeldoor, took the nipple out, and used a rubber tipped blow gun to give it a burst. My compressor only does 100psi. The answer was instant, and it really make a bang when it hit the door Couldn't find a dent, but the ball had a little flat spot on it.
Squint

Well I did learn a great deal about getting a "stuck ball" out of a muzzle loading rifle.
Now I suppose the next question is..... "What grade and brand of grease gun and grease one should use. Lincoln Brand or Alimite, etcerttia? and petroleum based? or Lithium base grease?..."

I reckon some forum member might say " Just take your stucked ball piece down to Jiffy Lube and say "Hey Grease gun guy how about giving my rifle a quickie grease job?"

Or as Gilda Radner would have said........"OH...NEVER MIND!"

i can see that there is a lot

Yours looks much better. Is that thread correct to thread right into the barrel if the touchole is removed?
Also, new tubeless bicycle tire technology has a much better alternative to what I made 10 years ago out of desperation and an idea...if the OP is interested I could mail him one. Send a PM. That and a floor pump or air compressor would take care of this dilemma...
The thread you need on the valve depends on what your gun has. They are easily made, so no problem having one for each gun if you need to. I make my vent hole liners out of 5/16x1/4x28 (Lx D x thread) set screws, so these fit my guns and TC nipple holes, and probably most American guns. I usually use my home compressor, but in the field, one of those little 12v tire inflators or a bike pump works just as well. No mess at all.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect to hear much from the o.p. again.

That's really too bad. I cant help but wonder how many times like this we never hear if that the owner just puts the gun in the closet and never thinks of it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back