• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trigger position in stock ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old ugly

40 Cal.
Reaction score
just curious about where the trigger should be mounted in relationship to the lock? the trigger on my Jacob Dickert appears to me to be located to far ahead and sits forward in the trigger guard. it has a real heavy trigger pull. I think if the trigger was back farther the mechanical advantage would be greater and would lighten the trigger pull.
Is there a ratio for the position of the trigger in relationship to the lock?
or if anyone has a picture of theirs they could post. just to give me an idea.
im gonna move the trigger back if this is the case.

1/4" from pivot point...... :hmm:
Sear pressure on trigger should juuuuusssssttttt touch~ :grin:
It's a trickery area.....slow file....then fit....refile, refit....till she works perfect.

Marc n tomtom

First of all...... Is it a single trigger or a double set trigger . :idunno:
Hard to say what to do if we don't know what we are dealing with. :wink:

Keith Lisle

I make the pivot/sear bar distance 5/16".....w/ the pivot hple above the searbar. This setup yields a trigger pull of 2 to 2-1/2 lbs.

Check the pivot/searbar distance and let us know.....the trigger could be moved back by redrilling the pivot hole if it's in the wood seeing it's too far forward in reference to the TG bow. Some amount of steel might have to be removed from the top of the trigger bar.

If the pivot is in the trigger plate, it would be more difficult to move the trigger. Is this the case?.....Fred

I make the pivot/sear bar distance 5/16".....w/ the pivot hple above the searbar. This setup yields a trigger pull of 2 to 2-1/2 lbs.

Check the pivot/searbar distance and let us know.....the trigger could be moved back by redrilling the pivot hole if it's in the wood seeing it's too far forward in reference to the TG bow. Some amount of steel might have to be removed from the top of the trigger bar.

If the pivot is in the trigger plate, it would be more difficult to move the trigger. Is this the case?.....Fred

Here's a pic that kinda illustrates what has been described here in various responses.

triggersear_zpsebd91aca.jpg

If I may.

People viewing galamb's drawing above should imagine the pivot pin is located in the upper right hand corner of the trigger in the drawing.

from the answers in this thread, and checking the location I am going to move it back about 3/16".
the trigger is mounted in a steel plate so I will inlet it back then weld a filler along the front edge of the plate and file it to fit.
thanks for the help and diagrams.

ou

Back