• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

trigger guards

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenshurst

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am looking for pictures of trigger guards with file work. Engraving is interesting also, and chiseling, but mostly file work on earlier rifles. Thanks. Any help will be appreciated.

When you say "Early" do you mean originals? This rifle is 30-35 years old or so.

Built entirely by hand, forged, filed etc.

Jaeger trigger guard 1.jpg

Jaeger trigger guard 2.jpg

Jaeger trigger guard 3.jpg

@Robby and @French Colonial what beautiful work! Both of you. Truly beautiful work.

I probably should have put a disclaimer on my post, I did not make the rifle in question, I am not that talented.

I asked my best friend, Bruce Horne, to make me a Jaeger back before Jaeger's were cool in the early 80's.
He made everything from scratch except the Getz barrel that he profiled and some of the lock internals. I watched him hammer the buttplate out of a flat piece of steel.

It hung in Gunmakers Hall in Friendship for several shoots over the years and I would like to think it was the inspiration for other Jaegers over time.

I think it has aged pretty well.

Jaeger.JPG

Back