• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trigger and lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm going to get some books but for now if I could pick your brain. Any other questions will be attatched to this post. Some of this stuff is hard to figure out being hidden behind the lock and stock.My lancaster build is coming along great. I've got a small issue that some of you may say awe that's easy.Everything works on my Lancaster Flinter but when I cock the gun and then set the trigger I get a kinda rough trigger click then a good click its Davis double set #6. I shouldn't have 2 clicks when pulling the rear trigger right? Once set it will drop the hammer and send the sparks with front trigger pull after rear one is set. Sorry I try not to talk to long. Thanks

No sure doesn't. It finally just locked up,, trigger locked,, take it out several times. Eventually found the rear trigger was broken. The piecon the top of curled trigger that stops its travel on rebound was half broken. It still works. For now it's working. I think the machine work when it was made went south. Has anyone else had RE Davis trigger problems. I found the small spring was arranged diff but shouldn't be the problem

Got it working thankyou very much. Found a couple threads about same kinda problem. I had the triggers about 3/16 or less to far inleted. Good now.

Latest posts

Back