Tried it at 75yrds today.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

jamesthomas

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Went shooting today and tried it at 75yrds today. 12 shots. I was useing the target that has the 3 red triangles(Red Dot)? in the middle Did O.K. I pulled 5 shots to the left about 3 or so inches. Lifting my head? But the elevation was dead on. I'll go again on Monday. I'll see about some pictures then. First time shooting at 75 yrds. Green Mountain Barrel. 80 grns. of 3fff KIK, 1/16 Circle fly wad. .490 cast round ball with .024 pillow ticking, Spit for lube. No wiping.

David W.

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Maybe you weren't squeezing the trigger.

When I lift my head, it's usually playing golf!:rotf:

Dean2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
armakiller said:
Went shooting today and tried it at 75yrds today. 12 shots. I was useing the target that has the 3 red triangles(Red Dot)? in the middle Did O.K. I pulled 5 shots to the left about 3 or so inches. Lifting my head? But the elevation was dead on. I'll go again on Monday. I'll see about some pictures then. First time shooting at 75 yrds. Green Mountain Barrel. 80 grns. of 3fff KIK, 1/16 Circle fly wad. .490 cast round ball with .024 pillow ticking, Spit for lube. No wiping.

If you are right handed and shooting from a bench with the forarm rested, pulling to the left is usually the result of grip pressure of your right hand and thumb, lighter thumb walks left. Lifting your head, loosing cheek weld usually causes you to shoot lower.

Dean2

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Interesting, I too am left handed. Makes finding BP flinters a little more challenging doesn't it. In our case, tighter grip will cause you to group further left.

Dphar

70 Cal.
Reaction score
You sure it was not the wind?
It takes very little wind to drift a 50 caliber RB 3" at 75 yards.
10 mph will drift it about 10" at 100 according to my ballistics program.

Dan