Trekking in my Kentucky Woods

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Hatchet-Jack

45 Cal.
Reaction score
That looks like a good place to hone your skill of flint knapping. Never have to worry about making a mess.
So true ord sgt. That box of Flint you sent me has been on my mind. Time to get serious. I like your idea about working on knapping in my woods. More to come soon....

Loja man

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Well we're not too far away. My land is near Brooksville. Do you do any Trekking, hunting with BP?
I’m not sure about trekking…. I don’t hunt in period close for the most part. I do hunt with BP. I hunt around the farm I live on as well as 3 neighboring farms. I also camp in Daniel Boon National forest at least once a year. I hunt the primitive weapons only area.

BigAl52

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. Us folks who live in hoods of small citys and towns dont get to experience this very much at all. I wish I would of had the foresight when I was younger and put myself in a position to have something like that now that I am older. Great story.

ML48

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’m not sure about trekking…. I don’t hunt in period close for the most part. I do hunt with BP. I hunt around the farm I live on as well as 3 neighboring farms. I also camp in Daniel Boon National forest at least once a year. I hunt the primitive weapons only area.
No one can fault you for not hunting in period clothes. I hunt the same way as you. Just hunting or shooting muzzleloaders of all varieties is fun and at times challenging.

ARMY

32 Cal
Reaction score
1st post. I grew up on the river with miles of forest around me. I hunted a lot and am starting again this fall. In Kentucky you can hunt with landowners permission on private land, or large areas of public land have been bought through people buying hunting license and equipment at stores in Kentucky. If you live out of state a special license can be purchased and a firearm handling and shooting class is required by many people. Check with Kentucky Fish and Game on line. Just because you don't have land to hunt on you can trek or explore over 150000+ acres in the Daniel Boone Forest free, FREE. Get off the couch and get out there.:)