• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Treating a possibles bag?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sno-Seal would work. Just put it in a pan of hot water if it is in a tube to liquefy it. If it is in a can. Get a pan, put the can of Sno-Seal in it, fill the pan so the water is 1/2-3/4's of the way up the Sno-Seal can, remove the Sno-Seal can, put the pan on the stove and bring the water to a boil then turn the heat to low. Put the Sno-Seal can back into the water and leave it there till the Sno-Seal becomes a liquid, then remove it from the water. Apply to the leather with your fingers. It will soak in better this way since it is a liquid. Just be sure to put some paper down or an old towel so when going from the can, to the bag, if the Sno-Seal drips off of your fingers you won't have a mess to clean up. Learned after my first time doing it on some boots. DANNY

Well my little hunter possibles bag came in from DGW. I've been sitting on it for a couple days trying to decide what to do. Then I remembered somewhere I had a small container of Montana Pitch Blend from doing a back quiver in my archery days. Did some digging around and located it. I then rubbed a good amount into the leather and hit it with a low power blow dryer to get it into all the pores of the leather. Should keep things fairly dry if caught in a short bout of wet weather.

thumbnail_IMG_0873.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0877.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0876.jpg

Back