• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Transporting long guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm buying a fusil which has an OAL length just shy of 58".

This will not fit in any of my soft or hard cases. What do people here do for transporting their long guns?

My longest rifles are 38" and not that tough to find suitable soft cases. Also had a friend make me one out of thick camo flannel.

I have one soft case from Unique Cases -got it in the longest length to be able to transport anything I may need to the range or field. Highly recommend Unique -may not be HC, but good protection, function and price.
Like many others, I use silicone gun socks (Midway USA has a 72" length and Allen has a 66") to keep them from bumping together in storage.

I use a soft case made from fleece. Simply fold over and sew. Then turn sewn side in. Works quite well. Softer and slightly more protective than canvas ones. Make it long enough to fold the end over with a tie.
I do the same but incorporate an outside layer of a more durable material such as pillow ticking, canvas, or upholstery material.

The Log Cabin Shop. Heavy lined fabric with zipper for Longrifles. Affordable. I have several. You will not wear these out.

Back