• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trail-cam pictures.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I__00127.jpeg

Question for those posting pics here.
Who is using a camera that they can access remotely? Like with a cell phone connection.
What camera are you using and what are the costs like?

I'm love the cameras I'm using for their dollar value, ease of use, and picture quality. But, I'd like to upgrade at least two of them for remote access so I don't have to visit the places they are set up as often.

That's a thought. I have had bears, deer, horses and cattle looking closely at the camera. I don't think horses and cows have good noses.
Most of the fox's look at the IR on my camera. I have noticed many look at my NV IR.
They must see something, maybe a black hole even.
I understand a slightly different wave length of IR can change all that.

Brokennock, I also thought of that, have you looked into the cost of operating those type of cameras, I thought the program for these was rather pricey. It would be nice too sit at home and watch the activity.

Brokennock, I also thought of that, have you looked into the cost of operating those type of cameras, I thought the program for these was rather pricey. It would be nice too sit at home and watch the activity.
I have not. I'm really not even sure where to start. There was a post on this forum once, but I don't think within this topic, that gave me the impression that there is an affordable option. I only want it for a few months. This time of year I mostly have cameras out near where I hope to put stands for archery season. I'm looking to monitor the amount of human activity as most areas here now are too accessible to average hikers, dirt bikers (illegal on state land but DEEP has given up on trying to stop them, and mountain bikers. With corona around our woods and streams are seeing even more activity. And, there has always been an issue of treestand thieves. Once the stands are in place I'll move the cameras to watch the stands and approach to them.
Animal footage is just a very pleasurable, happy, bonus.

Most of the fox's look at the IR on my camera. I have noticed many look at my NV IR.
They must see something, maybe a black hole even.
I understand a slightly different wave length of IR can change all that.
Interesting post.
The first set of security cameras I had on the house you could not see the light but if you looked directly at the camera you could see a dull red glow from the LED units.
The replacements that are on the system now there is no visible indication that the LED elements are on, assuming it to be a different wavelength.
None of the critters I have caught in the neighborhood (opossum, fox, stray cat, large toads, gecko lizards, a stray dog every once in a while, a late night walker (yes we have sidewalks in our area) have ever indicated that they see anything, where with the older cameras they would sometimes stop and look toward the camera.

some from the past, before the cams got "borrowed"
raccoons raiding got caught on new cam. they are pillaging a bottle of mouse poison. so far they have eaten 25.00 worth and seem to love it!

Attachments

• 20200812_135450.jpg
    20200812_135450.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 79
  • WGI_0007 (2) (1) (1).jpg
    WGI_0007 (2) (1) (1).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 3e74fc51-cede-40e7-b253-f4e3a0791406_zpsa1e679aa (2).jpg
    3e74fc51-cede-40e7-b253-f4e3a0791406_zpsa1e679aa (2).jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 74
  • ICAM0005_zps441813a1 (2).jpg
    ICAM0005_zps441813a1 (2).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ICAM0015_zps7b9ef2b8.jpg
    ICAM0015_zps7b9ef2b8.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 67
  • WGI_00123_zpse55e1595 (2).jpg
    WGI_00123_zpse55e1595 (2).jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 67
  • WGI_0008.JPG
    WGI_0008.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Went to hang a treestand today in the spot from last year that I've had a camera watching. I had left my climbing sticks there and only took the stand out. Human trail (unmarked thus "illegitimate" as far as hunting regulations go) is a bit closer than I would like so I monitor for human activity.
Camera only had a few pics of this little family this time,
20210828_200939.jpg20210828_200905.jpg20210828_200829.jpg
I had the camera, which is facing the stand and the human trail at an angle, off while I hung the stand. When finished I was standing at the camera turning it back on when I heard movement behind me and to the side of the trail,,, wound up with company,,,

20210828_152926.jpg

20210828_173619.jpg

These were taken with my cell phone. He's pretty close. Didn't seem to notice I was there. If he did, he didn't care which is getting unnervingly common.

Back