• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Trail-cam pictures.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stony, very nice buck. I wonder how old he really is...while he has good antlers with big bases, his body and face lack common features of a really old buck...like a sway back, roman nose, "beer" belly. Certainly he's mature, but I'm thinking he's 4 or maybe 5 years old?
I just looked back through some old pics and found a second pic of the same guy. Might give you some idea of his age.....
LJ5j988l.jpg

We got almost four inches of rain in twenty-four hours. That seemed to bring the bucks out, probably ten different bucks, spike to pretty darn nice, for around here.
I__00070.jpeg

I__00031.jpeg

I__00032.jpeg

I was beginning to think maybe this spot had played itself out.
Robby

Deer love black cherries, I have a huge tree near my garden that hasn't had a crop in three years, this year it was loaded. When the tree has a good crop I set my camera up to watch the deer that come to feed, I will get 100+ pictures a night, most are duplicates of the same does but I did have a bachelor group of bucks show up one night. I will never seen these guys in the daylight, subdivision deer are mostly nocturnal.

cherry tree 6 -19.JPG
cherry tree buck.JPG

Nice young fella, I actually hope he makes it through a couple more seasons, but I don't think many would pass on him just as he is.

He's coming along nicely. :thumb: I think you are right that he would have a lot of takers, and that's OK....each person has their own goals for deer hunting. For a lot of guys, that might be the biggest buck they've ever seen, much less had a crack at.

One thing I learned while on a lease with a lot of different bucks, and viewing several thousand pictures a week, is just how much the velvet "adds" to the apparent size of antlers. Before and after velvet shedding pictures are many times amazingly different....especially when it comes to mass.

Back