• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Trail-cam pictures.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0006.JPG

Last edited:
I did go check a couple I have in the woods yesterday. Deer activity seems cyclical in my area and hasn't picked back up in these spots yet. We shall wait and see what develops over the next 2 months before archery season.
I mostly use the cameras to watch for human activity/treestand thieves anyway.
But here is the last 2 weeks off 2 cameras.
20210618_171459.jpg20210618_171428.jpg20210618_171236.jpg20210618_171219.jpg20210618_171152.jpg20210618_171126.jpg20210618_171102.jpg20210618_171035.jpg20210618_171015.jpg

I forgot to mention that I didn't set time and date on the camera, all the pictures are pretty much the day I post them.
Lots of good pictures fellows, keep em coming!!!!!!!
Robby
I set the time and date mostly because my original intention was monitoring human traffic and watching for treestand thieves.

You do see some odd individuals now and then,,,,,
DSCF0020.AVI_snapshot_turkey-hunter-03_[2021.05.29_18.45.15].jpg

But then again, I guess I shouldn't talk,
20200522_082308.jpg

I did go check a couple I have in the woods yesterday. Deer activity seems cyclical in my area and hasn't picked back up in these spots yet. We shall wait and see what develops over the next 2 months before archery season.
I mostly use the cameras to watch for human activity/treestand thieves anyway.
But here is the last 2 weeks off 2 cameras.
View attachment 81859View attachment 81860View attachment 81861View attachment 81862View attachment 81863View attachment 81864View attachment 81865View attachment 81866View attachment 81867
WOW!! that is a lot of activity.

WOW!! that is a lot of activity.
Not really. That is footage from 2 cameras about 200 yards apart, separated by thick laurel, hemlock, some pines and oaks, spanning almost 2 weeks. I expect to see an increase in activity around September, but the increased presence of old, "Bob," might change that. I do notice a lack of squirrel and bird footage on the cams and didn't see a lot of squirrels. One barred owl was hooting up a storm around 16:15 also.

WOW, now that is SCAREY!, what in hell is it? I guess that it is one of them things??
That is the wild and unpredictable "Truro the Brittany," beast. Scourge of the backyard, terror to squirrels, chipmunks, cats, and rabbits (all of which he ignores once we leave the yard to go pheasant hunting, then he is all business).

thank you or clarifying my question!! so if I see a 'TURO the BRITTANY, in the woods I should beat feet? again a beautiful dog that hunts. thank you for sharing him with us. how old is he?

thank you or clarifying my question!! so if I see a 'TURO the BRITTANY, in the woods I should beat feet? again a beautiful dog that hunts. thank you for sharing him with us. how old is he?
No need to beat feet. If encountered while hunting he will probably ignore you. Anywhere else, you will be expected to provide an exorbitant amount of neck scratching and belly rubs.
He turned 10 last month.

I have a "soft spot" for non-typical antlers. When I saw this buck on camera, I made up my mind that I'd take a shot if the opportunity presented, even though he really needed at least another year of age. You can't readily see them all in the trail cam photo, but he had 7 points on his right antler (basic 5 with a drop and a small sticker point)....two on his left. I had nicknamed him "Score=0."

46932358601_15003325fd_c.jpg

Two weeks later and 3/4 of a mile from where the trail cam photo was captured I had my opportunity. Unfortunately, he had broken off a good chunk of his drop tine sometime during that period. Because his antlers were such an oddity, I had him mounted. The taxidermist told me that his skull was broken all the way from the back, past the pedicle, down through the middle of his eye socket, and to the top of his jaw! I bet that poor guy had quite a headache for some time....perhaps permanently. A fiberous hard black substance had filled in the crack in the skull. Whatever happened to him was so severe, the pedicle was forced into an odd position and stayed there making his left side main beam grow down then being broomed off...I assume as he fed and rubbed it against things while eating.

51261871348_4c170635d9_c.jpg

I have a "soft spot" for non-typical antlers. When I saw this buck on camera, I made up my mind that I'd take a shot if the opportunity presented, even though he really needed at least another year of age. You can't readily see them all in the trail cam photo, but he had 7 points on his right antler (basic 5 with a drop and a small sticker point)....two on his left. I had nicknamed him "Score=0."

Two weeks later and 3/4 of a mile from where the trail cam photo was captured I had my opportunity. Unfortunately, he had broken off a good chunk of his drop tine sometime during that period. Because his antlers were such an oddity, I had him mounted. The taxidermist told me that his skull was broken all the way from the back, past the pedicle, down through the middle of his eye socket, and to the top of his jaw! I bet that poor guy had quite a headache for some time....perhaps permanently. A fiberous hard black substance had filled in the crack in the skull. Whatever happened to him was so severe, the pedicle was forced into an odd position and stayed there making his left side main beam grow down then being broomed off...I assume as he fed and rubbed it against things while eating.

now that is rely NON TYPICAL!!

I think ya done him a favor.

Last falls deer.
I like to do that as well...go back and look through the pics and see how many there were of a particular deer and where compared to where it was shot (by me or someone else). Some bucks are really home bodies...all the pics are within a few acres and that's where it got killed. Others range far and wide or there was never a pic of it at all, which probably meant it came from somewhere off the property. I've also noted that when pressured, some mature bucks will just go nocturnal, but stay in the same small area....others will move to a new spot until the pressure is off, then move back.

I've also learned just how communal scrapes and licking branches are. Bucks AND does of all ages and sizes scraping and urinating in the the same scrapes and using the licking branches. I laugh when I think back to when we thought (or were taught by the experts) that the boss buck of the area made a scrape as a "warning" that he was around and the lesser bucks had better watch out. But from what I've seen, they are ALL using the same "well used" scrapes. Yes, there are those "one-timers" when bucks are just goofing off early and never really revisit a scrape they made, but I've had cameras over many well-used scrapes that are just one big party spot for everyone around.

Latest posts

Back