• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions trapper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know that the names behind the parent had three partners. One is Dikar,
who behind the scenes ,has been the major force in reproduction manufacturing
in the Basque region of Spain for decades. Dikar is a key partner. Dikar was
also involved in Bergara barrels that grace Traditions offerings. Whether it was
source branded Traditions or Dikar --Dikar is involved because they are part of
CVA/ Traditions. Fact check it. My daughter lives in Lawrenceville where it
is based, knows those involved. Dikar/Jukar are Basque legends in gunmaking.
Bergara barrels are amongst the best on Earth--bar none.

TOTAL APOLOGY TO ZIMMERSTUTZEN. YOU ARE CORRECT.
TRADITIONS IS ARDESA. DIKAR IS CVA-WHO SPORT THE
BERGARA BARRELS. GOOD NEWS,YOU ARE CORRECT.
BAD NEWS IS CVA-DIKAR IS THE TOP RATED BEST &
BERGARA BARRELS ARE USED ON POLICE AND MILITARY
SNIPER RIFLES THE WORLD OVER. MY BAD.
ARDESA HAS BEEN MAKING REPLICAS FOR 10 YEARS(Claims 30).
TRADITIONS IS GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.

Built from a kit. Fun to build, did not take long and was kind of easy. And the best part extremely accurate. That target shows my first shots rested at 20 yds from a brand new build. Was easy to sight in. So I would recommend.

View attachment 107187

View attachment 107188
That's impressive. Did you swab the bore after every shot, or were those all done back to back?

I have enough revolvers and built a 60 smooth flintlock. But have been thinking of another single shot. I'd really like a tc patriot but hard to find and out of my price range when I do. I like the 45 but will probably have to go with the traditions trapper 50. Hoping to find a used one but about to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Has anyone used one and what was the out come. Had an ardesa yrs ago but let a buddy talk me out of it on a short payday lol.

lethemgo,

i've got one i bought "new" at a blackpowder shop that can be had ~

lethemgo,

i've got one i bought "new" at a blackpowder shop that can be had ~
Thank you but I found one. As in most muzzleloader /gun stuff it was tough to find at least not impossible you just have to pay the higher price.

Someday I need to learn how to answer a question correctly, I am new to the forum.

Rich44 said:

Built from a kit. Fun to build, did not take long and was kind of easy. And the best part extremely accurate. That target shows my first shots rested at 20 yds from a brand new build. Was easy to sight in. So I would recommend.

View attachment 107187

View attachment 107188

That's impressive. Did you swab the bore after every shot, or were those all done back to back?

answer: No, the four rounds were the first four shots ever fired with this handgun and they were fired back to back. Use patched .490 ball with 35gr FFF. After 4 shots and could only make out one hole I went down closer to look at target. Got scared and took the target down without firing the fifth shot. It was very easy to sight in from that with a file to the front sight. I am really well pleased, this thing rested shoots like a rifle.

Rich44 said:

Bore Butter made himself a really nice pistol stand. I have one to, but not as nice, but I did make a little bore funnel which comes in handy.
View attachment 107219
View attachment 107220

Thank you sir, pic saved.

1638547178751.jpeg

Back