• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Trapper Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything it is overbuilt. For target work, it is heavier and clunkier than it needs to be. I shaved a few ounces off mine, but it only improved slightly. The TC patriot is a better balanced more graceful gun. Sold my trapper for a better target gun.

If anything it is overbuilt. For target work, it is heavier and clunkier than it needs to be. I shaved a few ounces off mine, but it only improved slightly. The TC patriot is a better balanced more graceful gun. Sold my trapper for a better target gun.
It is definitely too muzzle heavy for one-handed stances used in target shooting, but it's accurate. A good two-handed stance works well with it, so even if it doesn't do well for target shooting, it'll do well for hunting.

Received my Trapper pistol yesterday. Looks like a nice piece. I bought the finished model rather than the kit because it was only $10 more and I am too busy now with fishing and camping as my leisure time activities. I intend to put together a kit Kentucky flintlock as a winter project when I'll have more time.
Instructions were generic so anyone know what spec cap I use and where I can get them? I have a Deerhunter flintlock so percussion sidelocks are new to me. I've heard they are tough to find just like BP.

Black powder is easy to get if you don’t mind ordering it for delivery. I’ve not seen caps readily available anywhere at retail businesses or online except very intermittently in the last year or two.

I ended up ordering a cap maker from sharpshooter online and received it in about a week.

Back