• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Tennesee Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own two. 1 flinter and the other is a capper. Have not shot for groups or off a rest. I'm not the best shot but I do ok at club shoots. I love how these guns point and handle and they look great. I get a lot of compliments.

I wanted to say that way back in the 70's my daughters had a heck of a time shooting my 45 CVA Kentucky so I cut it down to 24 1/4 in. I re-finished it a few months ago and shot it 5 or 6 times since. After all these years I was amazed at it's accuracy. It is easy to shoot and the balance is perfect. the differences are (45 cal., 2 pc stock, pinned barrel, single trigger,3 ram rod ferrels. I call it a Tennessee and it is a favorite of mine. :grin:

Short barrels will shoot about as well as long ones. The sight radis and light weight make them a little hard to shoot your best with. It not the guns fault, its that longer is easier to line up, and the longer helps to 'hang'the gun on target.. You get what you pay for. Its somewhat traditional styled but its a ways from a southren Tennesse rifle. It will put meat in the pot and shoot as well as you can see with it.

Most any rifle made today is capable of shooting better than the shooter. The barrels that they make today are all pretty darned good. There are some, such as those made by Rice, that are exceptional. I would not worry about how well a rifle will shoot because they are all good, a better way of selecting a gun is by what you want to do with it and how well if fits the shooter. You get a gun of the proper caliber that fits the shooter well and you will have the makings of a potential tack driver. Then all you have to do is find the ball/patch/ powder and lube that it likes best. www.blackpowderrifleaccuracy.com Buy Dutch's system, do exactly what he tells you and you will be amazed by the accuracy of your rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The barrels that they make today are all pretty darned good.

That is my experience. No offense to Dutch, but all my rifles have factory barrels and I just use bore butter or wonder lube. All are tack drivers with the right load and I've found them all with very little experimentation. Rocket science is not required to get accuracy from a rifle. Just shoot the darn things.

I am remarkably unoffended.. Anyone who can get nickel sized groups bench rest at 50 yards using whatever method they have developed is a hero in my eyes I know a number of folks who shoot amazingly well using techniques they have developed that differ from my discoveries.

I cannot see how that can be BUT there it is. I spent quite a few years of intensive experimentation with limited success until one day I stumbled across something that made all the difference for me. .As a result I began coaching others who were still fumbling around as I had ben doing.

Figuring out what your rifle likes is to me the better part of muzzleloading fun.

Dutch

Well, I sure can't claim nickel size groups, my .58's make that with one shot, but all holes touching is good enough for me! :hatsoff:

Back